Huey - RHD Single Cab

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
15012009.jpg

Ok so had the spot lamp off and gave them both a tart up. The spot lamp minus the glass became a good snow scoop
15012009004.jpg

Anyway I cleaned the glass and reflectors, the blue dots were both flaking off so I went and got some enamel to tart them up. The only colour that was anywhere near what I wanted happened to be metallic so they are a bit more blingy now as well :lol:
16012009-1.jpg

Have got some spangly bright bulbs to go in as well but need to make some bulb holders. I've got a plan involving two caps off tins of hardener.

Bolted them on tonight but was dark before I could take a photo!

Not sure if there is a before photo of the rear bumper, anyway it was well battered and one end had a big crease in it, so took it to college where we have oxyacetalene and straightened it out. You can see the discolouration in the metal where it was heated up till it was glowing red.
20012009004.jpg

21012009.jpg

I'm not expecting it to be perfect as I know it'll only get battered again, but gave it a couple of skims of filler just to smooth out most of the remaining dents
22012009007.jpg

And then gave it a good few coats of high build along with the framework for the rear steps
22012009008.jpg

22012009009.jpg

Cheers guys, would have had it painted but there is a split beached in the spray booth whilst we're waiting for some bits for the front end (its come to light 63 models have one year only spindles :roll: )

Will get a photo of the van with both spotlamps on as well, keep forgetting to do it. Want to get them wired up this week as well.

Well doen sir.

Love the spots now - make the front end look well hard (as they would say up north!!) :mrgreen:

Cheers dude, its funny how having two spots have changed the look of the front end. Really debating whether to put a badge on now.

Found my what I wanted for the headliner at the weekend, got it hanging up so the creases fall out.. .

27012009.jpg

:twisted:

:lol: Cheers dude, just want to do the H4 headlight conversion now! :twisted:

Moved house before I shot off to dubfreeze...
31012009.jpg

Do you reckon palm trees will be the new must have item for the resto cal boys?

31012009002.jpg

Ok so I thought I'd make the most of my time off, bought some rubber mats for the front arches and the rubber cab steps so fitted those. Still got a new number plate light lens to fit and want to do my headliner soon as well.

Anyway got my crayons out this morning and made some plans then went to the timber merchants...
06022009.jpg

Granted its not the greatest timber in the world but it was under £25 including the varnish so can't complain really!

Cut the pieces to size and layed out the rear gate to give me an idea of how it would look
06022009001.jpg

Screwed the hinges to the uprights and checked the clearances, I was concerned that if the wood was too low in the hinges there wouldn't be room to clear the lip on the edge of the load bed
06022009002.jpg

And then wanged the rear gate together, still needs screwing up properly. Once I've built the sides I'll square off all the edges and then varnish them. Still need to modify the rest of the hinges as well.
06022009005.jpg

It looked good at the freeze and I'm reckoning the dropsides will look good too when done Scotty :cool0041:

Cheers guys, got the sides knocked up now, just need to make some final tweeks and get them screwed up firm. Wanted to do more but rain stopped play.
Started to fit the headliner as well, just need some trims to tidy some of the edges up as the material was a tad smaller than it needed to be.

Will get some pics up soon.