Huey - RHD Single Cab

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got round to taking some photos finally,

Fitted the number plate light lens and front arch mats that I got at dubfreeze. I think the mats have helped cut down on road noise a bit
15032009002.jpg

Headliner is up, just need to finish tidying up the edges
15032009001.jpg

Gates are screwed together fully now, just need to trial fit them before sanding and varnishing.
15032009004.jpg

Took all my hinges and latches to college and blasted them, just given them a few coats of satin black and I'm waiting for them to dry now...
15032009003.jpg

Hopefully will post another update later on today

Trial fit...
15032009005.jpg

15032009006.jpg

15032009007.jpg

15032009008.jpg

Fitting the latches, had to beef this bit up with a extra piece of wood in the end
15032009009.jpg

Latches on, took a bit of tweeking!
15032009010.jpg

15032009011.jpg

Putting the last screws in
15032009012.jpg

Just lots of sanding and varnishing to do now!

Cracking job there sir 8)

What thickness is the timber - will it be strong enough to stop loose items (I know you will tie everything down ;) ) from breaking through.

Again, looks very good :D

Volksworld getting very close now, don't think I'll get everything finished that I want to.
Still did some varnishing at the weekend, put the last coat on tonight.
Photo0006.jpg

Photo0007.jpg

Should be some more updates this week...

Thanks for the comments guys.

Last week was pretty manic, thought I'd put the last coat of varnish on the drop gates but then it rained :roll:
Ended up having to take them to work and finishing them off there, only got them bolted on on friday morning.

Put the two side bolts in the rear bumper but as it twisted it cracked the filler
Photo0013.jpg

So had to repair and repaint that before friday as well.

Wanted to get away early on friday but by the time I'd set up the brakes, tuned the engine, washed and cleaned it it was getting on for the afternoon so didn't get to the show until late.
Photo0020.jpg

Photo0022.jpg

Stomped there and back with no problems though so I'm well happy with it.
Photo0023.jpg

Photo0030.jpg

Bought a few more shiney bits at the show as well :mrgreen:

Cheers dude,

Can't take credit for the rack, got it from these guys..
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10877&hilit=roof+rack" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.design-21.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Got my doorcards mexican blanketed up now
Photo0032.jpg

Photo0033.jpg

Photo0034.jpg

Waiting on the sidelight bulb holders from heritage before I can put my new headlamps in..

Got the new lamps in, clear glass with patterned reflectors. I was able to fit these as I kept the late bay light fitting tabs when I replaced the front panel. Also allows me to fit modern H4 bulbs. Decided to keep my original 3 screw rims, just made the headlamp aim screws dummy ones.
Photo0036.jpg

Photo0037.jpg

Haven't tried it in the dark yet but already looks much brighter.
Photo0038.jpg

Finally fitted my interior door handles, and also the bottle opener I got at the volksworld.
Photo0041.jpg

Photo0042.jpg

Are they ever finished? :lol:

Well at some point I plan to get wide widewalls, custom tilt and bows, leisure battery, custom cab mat, maybe a eber... ebse..... ebper....... propex heater. :p

Not many updates really, just been getting some miles on it and enjoying it! Doing routene maintenence and sorting out little snags along the way.

Finally got round to replacing the wire from battery to alternator as it was too short and looked pretty manky. Had a tidy up of the rest of the wiring as well.
Photo0104.jpg

Well I knew I wasn't going to get a aussie spec single cab air filter so I bought a regular bus filter. Think this is a late one as its got a place to plug in the fuel tank breather. Have blocked this off though.
Photo0105.jpg

Photo0103.jpg

As the aussie air filters are a different shape the mounting bracket is completely different so I think I'm going to have to have a think and get creative!