Huey - RHD Single Cab

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I've been fairly lucky cause there a lot of crap in there I don't need to wire up (or can't because its not there!) like the thing that automatically shuts your electric windows, the central locking, the warning light for the hand brake to make the remote start work etc etc
Not even going to attempt to get the remote start to work, would need to leave a brick on the accelerator!

Love the tinfoil trick :shock:

Cling film on the lenses next to stop stone chips.... :lol:

:lol: Simple but effective! Nowt like a nice budget fix! Almost as good as the flashband instead of dynamat! Or wood instead of new drop gates. Maybe I'm the early bay equivalent of that moneysavingexpert guy? (or just skint all the time :lol: )

ProfessorWheeto said:
:lol: Simple but effective! Nowt like a nice budget fix! Almost as good as the flashband instead of dynamat! Or wood instead of new drop gates. Maybe I'm the early bay equivalent of that moneysavingexpert guy? (or just skint all the time :lol: )

:lol:
Think you might have to change your name on the forum (insert as required...........)

:lol:

Actually been doing some spending, got a 110AH leisure battery for a tad over 50 green queens and some other gubbins to make it all work...
Photo0490.jpg

Going to be a busy weekend me thinks.

On the plus side think I've sussed the problem with my oil temp and pressure gauges. Not got them to work properly since I installed them, they always shoot straight up to max. I kinda remember running one wire up to the gauges and then making it branch off into two for each dial for the light, the power in and I think I did the same for the earth. So all I reckon I need to do is give each gauge a seperate earth wire and it'll be sorted. Time will tell!

blimey, where did you get that from for £50? :shock:

all of the batteries i have been looking at are well over £100 :evil:

Local motor factors, trade discount is a wonderful thing, and it really helps when one of the two guys helping you has just had their truck painted and waxoyled and the other wants a quote. ;)

But yeah I asked and expect them to say 100 and something, but when he said something like £52 plus the vat I snapped his arm off. Think the ticket is in the top of my tool box, will have to dig it out as I need it for the 2 year guarentee.

:lol: makes me giggle somewhat http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iavPCXgwGY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Slow progress this weekend due to my inabilty to haul my carcass out of my pit before 1pm
Had to do multiple runs to hellfrauds for more wire and fuses and stuff.
Just about got the leisure battery in, just need to wire up the fusebox.
Started to install the alarm, got the movement sensors in and the siren and started to route the wires. Might be a couple of weekends work!

Got my wipers back, they didn't get round to painting them at college so I had to do it. (They managed to lose the nuts though and looks like they are a tenner a pair from C&C :roll: )
Photo0520.jpg

With the alarm I'd not made much progress, got this far though.. :lol:
Photo0521.jpg

Got all the wires from the back end in place now and tidied up
Photo0529.jpg

Few bits left to finish on the leisure battery, its a fairly tight fit!
Photo0528.jpg

Gave the cab its pre season clear out so I could see where to run the wires...
Photo0525.jpg

Ended up with a big bag of rubbish, also found two perfectly chilled beers!
Photo0527.jpg

Bugger! Wish I'd checked this thread last night! Ended up buying stainless ones from C&C at the show, cheers for the offer though dude!

The gear stick extender came off a norweigian radio van (late bay) that was bought for breaking. Not seen one like it since (the ones I've seen for sale aren't as ugly looking as mine :lol: )

ProfessorWheeto said:
Few pics from my drive to my mates house the morning of dubfreeze sans wipers :roll:

Bet that was a bit scary..... :shock:

New wipers, washers and stainless nuts, arms all satin blacked to match the van .
Photo0537.jpg

Also finally replaced my skanky indicator lenses
Photo0538.jpg

Also fitted all the door push pins for the alarm so can crack on with the wiring for that now.

:lol: Could sound dodgy if taken out of context!

My cheapo gsf headlight rims have gone rusty, debating whether to blast and satin black them as well!

just saw a pic of your van in the latest edition of historic vw - not sure what meet it was but i think it was in linc's and everyone is cruising on some cobble streets?