ib-bus '71 Westfalia Vanfest 2010 bus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loxy said:
ib-bus said:
I am a good tourist guide , but all my rooms are taken
scared00161.gif

I see your sofa is free though :lol:

:lol:

Those wheels look spot on 8) - but the tyres are too clean, kick a few times or something to get the muck on :lol:

gninnam said:
Those wheels look spot on 8) - but the tyres are too clean, kick a few times or something to get the muck on :lol:
Don't worry , my kids will take care of that in two seconds :mrgreen:

Replaced glove box , take a look at the before and after :D

moparts005.jpg

moparts001.jpg

moparts004.jpg

now you can keep your .44 in there without having to worry is going to drop out and go off :lol:

Began cleaning up the engine bay area and I can't believe the layers of gunk I ran into , I guess if you don't clean an area after 38 years you should expect that.
But I'm happy to see there is no rust issues under all that crap , even the battery tray only has surface rust , I still have a few hours of cleaning to do in this area before I reinstall the engine.
The apron will be repainted as it has a few scratches.

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

Engine bay clean up continues, fitted new rubbers, got some pedal covers and battery hold down clamp.
Fitted an original Westfalia floor I found in good shape and installed some missing insulation in the interior walls.
Took some pictures of the new brake lines the previous owner installed 2 months before selling me the bus :D , I should fit the engine this week as I have to wait in line for the respray until the end of april and I want to drive this bus.

red71bus018-1.jpg

red71bus019.jpg

red71bus020-1.jpg

red71bus012.jpg

red71bus014-1.jpg

red71bus015-1.jpg

red71bus027.jpg

red71bus028.jpg

red71bus030.jpg

red71bus010.jpg

red71bus009.jpg

red71bus011.jpg

I should fit the engine this week as I have to wait in line for the respray until the end of april and I want to drive this bus.

know how that feels :lol: looking good Juan ;)

QUE BUENA COMBI ESTADO ORIGINAL, SOBRE TODO SU DOCUMENTACION,LA MIA TIENE TODOS SUS DOCUMENTOS, PERO LA TUYA ES LA MAMA DE LAS BAYS.

FELICIDADES IB - BUS ESPERO PRONTO VIAJAR A ESTADOS UNIDOS.

POR EL MOMENTO UN FUERTE ABRAZO DE TU BUSBROTHER DE LA CAPIRUCHAAA

JUANGUILLERMO said:
QUE BUENA COMBI ESTADO ORIGINAL, SOBRE TODO SU DOCUMENTACION,LA MIA TIENE TODOS SUS DOCUMENTOS, PERO LA TUYA ES LA MAMA DE LAS BAYS.

FELICIDADES IB - BUS ESPERO PRONTO VIAJAR A ESTADOS UNIDOS.

POR EL MOMENTO UN FUERTE ABRAZO DE TU BUSBROTHER DE LA CAPIRUCHAAA

i love google translate, stuff always comes out the other end and reads funny no matter what the language :) .

COMBI GOOD TO ORIGINAL STATE, IN ALL ITS DOCUMENTATION, THE MIA HAS ALL THEIR PAPERS BUT YOURS IS THE MOTHER OF THE Bays.

CONGRATULATIONS IB - PRONTO ESPERO BUS TRAVEL TO THE UNITED STATES.

BY THE TIME OF YOUR KIND OF CAPIRUCHAAA BUSBROTHER

Translater tools rule , my friend Juan Guillermo is writing to us from Mexico City , Mexico.
Now that is a chaotic city full of VW's most of them used for public transportation , I will be there on holiday next june to visit family.
We may get a few more visitors from Mexico as I've told them about this website , they are from a forum called buscompany.com.mx , most of them prefer splits but there are a few earlybay owners too , there are many late bays , but by late I mean '80s buses , VW Mexico kept making them after they stopped in Germany.

Anyways , Gracias Juan Guillermo por tus comentarios y bienvenido a earlybay.com , saludos a todos en la capital del smog :mrgreen:

Oh! and update on my bus , I fitted a nice rebuilt engine I was saving for the right project and it runs great , also fitted 3 point retractable seatbelts on the front seats from GoWesty, I almost have a complete westy interior too , I got the Bed, closet and front cot.
Next week the bus goes to the shop for a fresh coat of Chianti :D

Dirty Harry said:
This is comming along very nicely, keep up the good work Juan 8)

Thanks Harry , I finally drop the bus today at the body shop to have it respray , it should take 3 to 4 weeks , I will be visiting them every saturday to check on the progress and to take pictures.
Drove the bus about 20 miles to the shop and the engine runs very good , brakes work like they should and the bus drives pretty straight , so this are a lot of things that I won't have to deal with like I usually have to , I'm very happy about that.

ib-bus said:
Dirty Harry said:
This is comming along very nicely, keep up the good work Juan 8)

Thanks Harry , I finally drop the bus today at the body shop to have it respray , it should take 3 to 4 weeks , I will be visiting them every saturday to check on the progress and to take pictures.
Drove the bus about 20 miles to the shop and the engine runs very good , brakes work like they should and the bus drives pretty straight , so this are a lot of things that I won't have to deal with like I usually have to , I'm very happy about that.

Sounds good, cant wait to see it 8)

This are pictures taken the day before it went in for a respray , shows how solid and dry this bus is , I replaced the front grilled for a cleaner one I had , I should have some pictures of the bus being worked on as I asked for tomorrow off at work to spend time at the shop.
Engine was fitted and ran good , I drove the bus to the paint shop a 20 min. drive with no problems :D

april004.jpg

april023.jpg

april021.jpg

april022.jpg

april026.jpg

april029.jpg

Not too much progress , they began stripping and sanding the bus , they are taking some small dents out , the poptop is being sanded down , I was hoping for more progress but oh well , this is how it goes almost every time :( , the guy says it will be ready in a week but I'm thinking more like 2 weeks, anyways I will be there next saturday again to check on things.
In the meantime I just ordered some parts from Wolfsburg West to have ready for when it's done.

Here are some pictures of how it looks now.

001.jpg

005-1.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

012.jpg

Still no bus but this arrived today :D

Jump seat.

P5210691.jpg

NOS front vent mosquito net.

P5210693.jpg

This off ebay , West Coast Metric license plate light seal and NOS Hella side marker.

nosparts004.jpg

Latest posts