ib-bus '71 Westfalia Vanfest 2010 bus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
andewilson said:
have you got a link to the place you got those stainless luggage rack bits from?

Sure , here you go http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VW-Bus-Cargo-Tie-Down-Anchor-Kit-Set-12-/140343797411?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Motors_RV_Trailer_Camper_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20ad2466a3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Make sure you get 12 , he offers them for Vanagons with only 8 of them.

Analog said:
very nice, that paint looks awesome 8)
Thanks mate.

I took the Westy windows apart to replace all rubbers and to clean the aluminum a bit , this job is not fun or fast but has to be done.

Here are a few pictures of the progress.

latestchiantipix002.jpg

latestchiantipix003.jpg

latestchiantipix004.jpg

ib-bus said:
rustydiver said:
As usual another stunning bus. It's going to make someone a really happy bunnie when it comes over.
Thanks mate , I also think it will make someone really happy.
I will post it in the buses for sale section soon , anyone interested please contact me.

Replaced the first front door vent wing's rubbers , not too bad of a project only took me about 30 minutes not counting the time it took me to remove them off the door.

ventwingpix003.jpg

ventwingpix006.jpg

ventwingpix017.jpg

as others, very nice bus Mr Ib-bus!

what did you use for the punch the rivetts? on the 1/4's

dubdubz said:
as others, very nice bus Mr Ib-bus!

what did you use for the punch the rivetts? on the 1/4's

Thanks mate , I am still looking for the right tool to do this , the one I got was not the proper one , so if anybody knows what is the right tool or what it looks like it would help a lot.

ib-bus said:
I took the Westy windows apart to replace all rubbers and to clean the aluminum a bit , this job is not fun or fast but has to be done.

Hi Juan,

Having just done this recently myself I know exactly what you mean. But looks good once done.

Great progress with the bus, looks great in its new paint. 8)

Si

Cali_bay said:
ib-bus said:

Hi Juan,

Having just done this recently myself I know exactly what you mean. But looks good once done.

Great progress with the bus, looks great in its new paint. 8)

Si

Thanks Si , there is the fun things about a resto and then there is cleaning the westy windows :lol:

slammedresto said:
any pics with the bumpers and light fitted yet Juan, lookin good 8)

Thanks Gary.
The bus is coming home tonight , the mechanic is done with the tune up and the front seats should be ready today.
The front bumper is installed now , the rear should be ready soon , they forgot to paint the splash pans.
More pictures soon.

Just a couple of pictures , the bus is now home and the interior installation has begun , I am now driving the bus and everything is working good , it is mechanically ready for the trip.
They are still working on the poptop and rear bumper , they should be ready in a few days.

latestchiantipix016.jpg

latestchiantipix019.jpg

Thats look great dood! nice work

Thanks Easy.

Few updates, ordered all new plywood for the bus , should get them all on monday , also ordered the mustard vinyl covers from Darren , I am getting those today.
Once I get this items I can begin to install the interior cabinets.
Got a few things done , seat covers, seat mats installed , got my Werksberg kickpanels , installed both 3 point front seatbelts from Go Westy , here are some pictures.
Oh! and found the drivers side metal headlight ring to match the other one I had.

latestchiantipix007.jpg

latestchiantipix008.jpg

latestchiantipix014-1.jpg

latestchiantipix003.jpg

Juan
Another cracking job done. I'll be amazed if this isn't sold before it reaches these shores, its hard to think what else someone would want in a westy, great colour, great year 71, lovely mixture of new and old parts and ready to drive away .. well maybe RHD but hey .....

Someone is definately going to be very very happy

cotswoldiver said:
Juan
Another cracking job done. I'll be amazed if this isn't sold before it reaches these shores, its hard to think what else someone would want in a westy, great colour, great year 71, lovely mixture of new and old parts and ready to drive away .. well maybe RHD but hey .....

Someone is definately going to be very very happy

Thanks mate , I really love how this bus is looking , I been driving it to work everyday and all I can say it is ready for the journey.
I don't think I will have a problem selling this one either , there is already good interest in it from a couple of dudes.
Cheers.

This picture was taken yesterday , front cab is now complete , got all the interior plywood and will be installing it tonight.
I have some items available for delivery at Vanfest , few Radio Flyers and a vintage cooler (shameless plug :oops: ) , please check all the pictures and prices for this items in the For Sale & Wanted-Non Earlybay section.

latestchiantipix037.jpg

latestchiantipix034.jpg

Thanks Johnny for your kind comment.

All new plywood is in and finally got the mustard covers from Darren yesterday , wife's grandma is sewing up the curtains , poptop gets installed this weekend , been working on the bus every night after work but I'm on track to drop it at the shippers early next week.

latestchiantipix001.jpg

latestchiantipix003-1.jpg

latestchiantipix004-1.jpg

latestchiantipix005.jpg

My youngest son Julian checking out the progress.

latestchiantipix002.jpg

latestchiantipix003-1.jpg

Recovering the westy seats , now just waiting on the curtains so I can begin installing the interior , 4 days left before it goes to the shipper.

dd.jpg

ddd.jpg

latestchiantipix009-1.jpg

Latest posts