ib-bus '71 Westfalia Vanfest 2010 bus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a busy day today fitting the poptop , I will take more pictures later today.

latestchiantipix002-1.jpg

New canvas

latestchiantipix003-2.jpg

New tacking strip

latestchiantipix004-2.jpg

Installing stainless steel hooks

latestchiantipix006.jpg

Front poptop part fitted.

latestchiantipix009-2.jpg

nothing better than seeing a refurbed poptop, looks new! Don't know if you were aware but the strip to hold the canvas in should be hidden by placing the canvas in the middle and attaching it with the strip to the sides then as it hangs down it will be hidden as original. It might be too late and i've done my the same way as yours but thought it might be worth mentioning.

Wow...that truly looks stunning Juan! You do very nice work indeed. If you ever want to build one and sell it state side, I know I could get you top $$ for it through my website!! I really look forward to seeing it at the show!!

I love the red...and great curtain colors too...nice nice nice!!

Really REALLY nice Juan , the attention to detail does it for me mate , Excellent :mrgreen:

cyberdyne systems said:
nothing better than seeing a refurbed poptop, looks new! Don't know if you were aware but the strip to hold the canvas in should be hidden by placing the canvas in the middle and attaching it with the strip to the sides then as it hangs down it will be hidden as original. It might be too late and i've done my the same way as yours but thought it might be worth mentioning.

Did not know that mate , I will do that next project for sure , thanks.
mroldbug said:
Wow...that truly looks stunning Juan! You do very nice work indeed. If you ever want to build one and sell it state side, I know I could get you top $$ for it through my website!! I really look forward to seeing it at the show!!

I love the red...and great curtain colors too...nice nice nice!!

Thanks Randy , I was thinking the same when I was brousing your website , I'm sure we'll do something in the near future.

Grazy said:
Really REALLY nice Juan , the attention to detail does it for me mate , Excellent :mrgreen:

Thank you for your kind comments Grazy.

I will keep posting pictures all day long as I will be busy finishing the bus.

i if had the money it would be sold... youve done an amazing job in a short time Juan, my wife loves the curtains as well great choice for the colour of bus.

martyboy said:
looking great juan ,keep the pictures comming mate :)

Johnny said:
i if had the money it would be sold... youve done an amazing job in a short time Juan, my wife loves the curtains as well great choice for the colour of bus.

Thank you very much for your comments , I been getting many good comments about those curtains , they were even approved and sewn by my wife's grandma , also my mother , my wife and a neigbor made good comments about the curtains :lol: it was hard to decide on the fabric but I think it goes very good with the color and interior of the bus.

Worked until late last night on the last details and started fitting the interior.

latestchiantipix041.jpg

latestchiantipix038.jpg

Pictures as of this morning.

latestchiantipix031.jpg

latestchiantipix003-4.jpg

latestchiantipix036.jpg

latestchiantipix048.jpg

latestchiantipix049.jpg

latestchiantipix043.jpg

Busy evening after work tonight as well.

slammedresto said:
you have been busy :mrgreen: 8)

Si Señor , very very busy :D

Went out this morning to take a lot of pictures around my neighborhood including some by the beach , an old barn and a detail shop.

Photosession065.jpg

Photosession066.jpg

Photosession069.jpg

Photosession070.jpg

Photosession071.jpg

Photosession078.jpg

Photosession079.jpg

Photosession080.jpg

Photosession083.jpg

Photosession084.jpg

Photosession087.jpg

Photosession089.jpg

Photosession091.jpg

Photosession097.jpg

Photosession013.jpg

Photosession016.jpg

Photosession020.jpg

Photosession023.jpg

Photosession026.jpg

Some pictures of when I installed the seat mats.

Photosession034.jpg

Photosession053.jpg

Interior finally about to go in , it ships tomorrow so time is running out.

Photosession028.jpg

looks so nice, you must be stoked. Think the first shots were a bit dark on the colour, but these new ones really bring it out well, as good as new!

Worked late last night to fit the last interior bits.

lastchiantipix003.jpg

lastchiantipix011.jpg

lastchiantipix020.jpg

lastchiantipix021.jpg

lastchiantipix028.jpg

lastchiantipix032.jpg

This pictures are of today at the shippers , I forgot to dust out the engine bay but here are pictures of the engine that fires right up thanks to Pertronix and runs like a champ.

verylastchianti006.jpg

verylastchianti002.jpg

verylastchianti004.jpg

My OG California blue plates 8)

verylastchianti010.jpg

verylastchianti009.jpg

:shock:

i wish i had the money and had got in there first :p

im loving this bus Juan, and im sure we'll see alot more of it soon? ;)

Johnny said:
:shock:

i wish i had the money and had got in there first :p

im loving this bus Juan, and im sure we'll see alot more of it soon? ;)

Thanks Johnny , I really hope it stays in the earlybay community.

Today after work I came back to an empty yard and no bus to work on :(
Looked around the property and saw something that gave me hope and could be the begining of my new project :mrgreen:

I present you my next project: '71 poptop Westfalia "wheel" :lol: :( :cry:

005-1.jpg

ib-bus said:
I present you my next project: '71 poptop Westfalia "wheel" :lol: :( :cry:

005-1.jpg

From little acorns grow....... :shock:

Wow, the finished article is top and a credit to the work you have carried out :mrgreen: ;)

i think ill get in early and book you for a restoration to be delivered for next years Vanfest :p .

I'm stunned how nice this turned out! 8)

i know someone who is going to be very happy ;)

gninnam said:
Wow, the finished article is top and a credit to the work you have carried out :mrgreen: ;)

Thanks mate , it was really fun to do this one.

Johnny said:
i think ill get in early and book you for a restoration to be delivered for next years Vanfest :p .

I'm stunned how nice this turned out! 8)

i know someone who is going to be very happy ;)

Thanks again Johnny for your kind comments.

Vanfest is only 4 weeks away :shock: :mrgreen: , my mates still can't believe I do this even after 4 trips to Europe on a bus , they just shake their heads and smile :lol: , every trip has been special , from the first one with my wife 5 months pregnant with our first child , to last year's with both my kids then 1 and 2 1/2 and now this one taking my father with me , he's never been to Europe so he's mighty excited as am I.
I can without a doubt say that the Earlybay community has in many ways helped me get the courage to make this trips and I am very thankfull for that.
All I can say is MUCHAS GRACIAS !
Looking forward meeting some of you at Vanfest.

Latest posts