ICT34 Carb question.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparky

Reaction score
OK yet another carb / vac advance question. In the picture below you can see 2 tapings, 1 for fuel, and the other for ?

carb.jpeg

The instructions don't mention them, Balance pipe, vacuum taping, tuning port, or something else?

carbbott.jpeg

The second port comes out just above the butterfly in the barrel (you can just about see it in the second pic but it does look like a black bit of dirt). Any help from you would be much appreciated.

Many thanks
Arran

Yep, vac take-off for dizzy. Gotta love ICT's - will never forget the day replaced a shoddy solex with a pair of these, fet like a new engine. And as for Dells...

Are they genuine Weber carbs or copies? If so how much, from where, what linkage, what air filters etc.
Having grief with a cheap sh*t chinese PICT-1 'copy'. 'Copy' has to be in inverted commas, because the real one works and this one doesn't seem to, so how can it be a copy if it doesn't do what the real one does?!!!!
Don't mean to be abrupt, but this thing has put me in a bad mood! Deep breaths, calm thoughts, that's better!!!
Thanks now....

They're real webbers, but came with the EMPI linkage. I got them some time ago from CIP1 in the US when the exchange rate was as its best and they were doing a 10% off deal. They are offering 15% at the moment but with the exchange rate I don't know if they work out any cheaper. Don't forget to add the VAT and Import charges that get charged when they get here.

Thanks for the answers people just need the good weather to come and I'll try to fit them.

Arran

O.K. So I finally get around to assembling these. Now I know everyone says the EMPI linkage is junk, but I thought how bad can a bit of bar be? Well I think I've found out, I can't get the air filters on. There just isn't enough space between the bracket and the inlet to the carb. Spacing it off the carb will loose the mounting spigot so the only way forward is to get the grinder out to the bracket and make some room. Unless some of you kind folk can point me in a better direction?

Many thanks

Arran.
carbassy.jpeg

Had same problem - used 2" section of a deodeurant can per carb to raise filters a bit to clear linkage. The added sections act as velocity stacks too and enable a carb balancing tool to be used easily!

i had this problem, so grind a nice curve into the bracket taking out the offending corner.works fine and looks ok. :)

Thanks dudes. Why do we have to put up with this rubbish! Still, on with the grinding.

The fillters I have on now clear with no problems but the new ones i bought have been made with thicker rubber so they bind .

The cheapest set of these I could find on the net was from coolair £342 with bugpack linkage, got it in the post today & its going straight back!

the linkage doesn't inspire confidence to say the least

checked out the images on jk website, their linkage looks a lot better and since yesterday they have knocked £50 off!

dual ict's £300 + £5 p&p 8)

Latest posts