idiot guide to courier big stuffs

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

six

Reaction score
Hi

maybe found a gearbox. but will need to posted.

Can anyone suggest common method to ship a gearbox? (UK only)

cheers

Try shiply I had a camper shipped from Leeds to London £100 .You put down what you want delivered then people bid too do just check their feedback.

1st quote in £77! for a gear box.

i can alredy here the conversation with the wife
wife - why did you buy another bay
me - well its was only £23 more expensive to ship than a gearbox.
boom me logic!

You'll most likely need to get a pallet to pop it on, but other than that it's the same as couriering anything else- stick a label on it, tie it on to the pallet with rope, wait for three weeks for someone to turn up.

where are you six. geographically that is not what part of your house :roll: we ship goods using pallets all the time for as little as about 40quid for a half pallet, the guys we use might ahve a depot near you. a pallet will always be cheaper than "parcel" rate but use the smallest pallet possible for the gear box and most carriers offer different rates for 1-2 or 3-4 day del.

I recently had a polo engine + gearbox shipped for around £60 including an extra man in the van to unload it.

IIRC it was from cheapcouriers.co.uk and was really simple, however i was not on the collection end of the deal.

Just have it popped on a small pallet and input the details :)

Latest posts