im almost there, more progress, now thinkng of selling

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rusty Lee said:
Nice work mate.stunning bus,what motor you got sat in the back?

Hi ive just copied and paste the spec the guy sent me that built it thanks Dean
engine spec

1/ Engine case align bored, all oil ways checked then case is fullypolished. 2/ Engle 110 camshaft. 3/ All new cam followers (not reground). 4/ All new main bearings. 5/ All new big end bearings. 6/ All new cam bearings. 7/ New oil pump. 8/ End float set to 4thou tolerance. 9/ New rear oil seal. 10/ 200mm Flywheel 11/ Early or late clutch (to your vehicle). 12/ New 1641cc Pistons, Barrell and rings. 13/ Heads dismantled, degreased, decoked, lightly ported and polished,valve guides checked/replaced, valves checked/replaced,springs-caps-colletts checked/replaced. Then fully rebuilt. 14/ New Push Rod tubes. 15/ Alternator. 16/ All tinware fully refurbed and sprayed in a satin finish. 17/ Alloy front pully. 18/ Bosch 009 distributor. 19/ New Ignition leads (colour of your choice). 20/ Polished Coil. 21/ Standard fuel pump fitted. 22/ All metal ancillaries polished. 23/ Twin 40mm Kadron carbs plus linkage and filters 24/ Alloy oil filler 25/ Scat fan shroud.

Deans1641cc029.jpg

DeansEngine1641twincarb002.jpg

What do you think mate ive havnt driven it yet, hoping it will pull nicely, oh and the case is a AS41

pop top seal on, curtins in, decided to spray the roof under the roof rack it was ok but i thought seens the rest of the bus has been sprayed id do it now before its on the road cause it might never get done, done some final checks and the only thing i noticed the alternator wasnt charging the batt so whipped it out unscrewed the 3 prong connector on top and could see inside that the wire that connects to the charging nut had broke, so whipped it down to a guy i know that repairs alternators and starters should get it back tomorrow, i still wana underseal it and waiting for a new polisher to arrive so i can do some final cutting and polishing, thanks Dean
camperroofpainting014.jpg

camperroofpainting012.jpg

camperroofpainting011.jpg

So just brought a run down house for my ever growing family, thats need a lot of money spent on it and was thinking of selling my bus 1969 cali import :( , Would come with new mot and uk plates, spent a lot of money on this and over 2 years spare time, mostly every thing is new, 1641cc engine twin carbs engle cam etc, all new brakes e.g. shoes, cylindereds, springs adjusters etc, new shocks, new interior seat covers, new seals/rubbers, new canvas, remote cd player the list gos on and on, just wondered if any one would be intersted, thinking £11000-£12000
campercutting004.jpg

campercutting009.jpg

campercutting011.jpg

campercutting013.jpg

So it pasts its mot on friday, just needed back brakes adjusting, ball joint nut tightening, and a bulb, so well pleased, drove it over to my girlfriends parents house for the first time and loved it, dont really want to sell after driving it every thing was better then i thought, the only one thing was when the engine got hot if i turned it off it was hard to start again any ideas would be much appreciated, thanks Dean

Turned out to be timing, sorted now