Impact Wrench Recommendations Please.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alzy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I’m in the market for a new impact wrench. Any recommendations for an all rounder that can tackle everything that’s thrown at me without needing enough torque to spin the globe (and cause me additional grief by stripping bolts :))

I’ve got one foot in the Ryobi battery ecosystem but open to other brands.

Sub £200 ideally.

Cheers

Slightly out of your budget range, but I looked at various options a few years ago and plumped for one of these:

https://www.dewalt.co.uk/product/dcf899p2-gb/18v-xr-brushless-high-torque-12-impact-wrench-2-x-5-ah
The torque sold it to me - I couldn’t find anything close for that cash, and as it stands, I’ve not come across a bolt it won’t crack loose. It has also come in very handy to free-off small fittings that are prone to rounding when using one of the lower settings. Even small, rusted screws have been successfully removed with a quick blast on the trigger to crack them off, rather than rounding them off with a screwdriver or similar.

Nice one. Thank you Moseley. A friend of mine also mentioned the XR range.
I don’t think you’ll be disappointed. But something I noticed (and others who’ve reviewed it suggest the same) is that the batteries need a couple of discharge and recharge cycles before the impact gun delivers its maximum torque. Not sure why it doesn’t out of the box, assume it’s something relating to the lithium batteries.

Latest posts