Indicators on imported bay!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freddie

Reaction score
Trying to get my reverse lights to act as indicators, i have manged to make them work by swapping wires round but they are acting as break lights aswell as indicators :confused:

What do i do to get my break lights back with my rear lights?

Freddie

someone tell me if wrong but you will need to by pass rely to make brake lights work on there own,then fit european indicator relay and run new wires to rear (old reverse)lights.

This was in one of the "volksworld keeping your bus alive" books, there is something about removeing a wire from a switch or relay and putting a couple more in, try searching this forum, i think this has come up before. If no luck pm me and i will see if i can find article over christmas and post a copy to you.

as most have said you will need to run a new wire off the brake switch on the master cylinder to the rear, don't forget to get coloured blubs either :p

The easiest way is as Ian has said:

You need to run a wire from the master cylinder to the brake lights, very simple. The best thing is to take the wires off until you find the one that works the brake lights and indicators then add the new wire, best to have a mate in the bus and you underneath with a 12v tester, screw driver bulb type thing will do.

Jon

Cheers guys.

Sorted it out in the end! Not quite sure how :lol:

Didnt take a feed off the master cylinder, took a feed from the yellow wire on the back of the hazzord switch as the intructions say in the frequently asked tec questions!!!

Really not sure how i got there but i did :lol:

Need to buy a new relay now as it keeps stopping ticking and making funny noises!!!!

Im going mad

I really dont know what to do now, with hazzords on they work but sometimes speed up, then when i indicate left the 2 front indicators come one, when i indicate right only the front right works

I really dont know what to do :(

freddie said:
Im going mad

I really dont know what to do now, with hazzords on they work but sometimes speed up, then when i indicate left the 2 front indicators come one, when i indicate right only the front right works

I really dont know what to do :(

Indicator lives should be in the engine bay you just to to swap them from the combined brake/indicator lamp up to the reverse light. with the wire disconnected from the mater you should be left with indicator live only at the rear, simples :!: , well is was for me as a mate whos into yanks done it

Latest posts