Insurance problem !

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rev-al

Reaction score
Anyone out there got Commercial Insurance on there T2 van/pick-up ?
I've just been informed that my insurer will NOT be renewing my policy cos truck "too old" and Left Hand Drive Import. It's 1971 model year Crew cab.
I need Biz Insurance for next month if I'm to continue using my truck for work each day.
Someone out there must surely be using their classic early bay for work ??
Help !!
al

dagboyblue said:
try adrian flux, insured my single cab no problem - sure they will cover it for business use
Adrian Flux will probably insure you :D BUT they will bend you over if you need to claim :shock: FACT
Bitter & twisted Andy :wink:

AON private client insurance is worth a shot, good reputation regarding claims and prices are keen, my mate has a morris minor van with them, ill ask if it commercial.

Thanks to all for these replies.
I'm in the process of ringing round - I'll report back with a conclusion, hopefully I'll learn something which will be of use to EB brethren also.
al

I'm insured with Sureterm, when i spoke to the bloke about the insurance he said that alot of VW owners use them and they dont mind mods!
Might be worth a try.

Well - here is my conclusion.

If you have a Left Hand Drive Import Commercial VW ,and want Business Insurance- You're pretty much stuck.

All the above mentioned Insurance companies were tried. (and then some)
-Most couldn't find my 1970 Crew cab on their computers - so failed to quote me.
-Those who could identify it manually- but who's computer's said "no", referred it to their Brokers - who in turn said "no"
-The only company who were prepared to offer insurance were Adrian Flux. However, in the light of the reply above, and a few other warnings received (and a hefty excess ) - I decided to decline their offer.
Rubbish huh ! Am most un-impressed.
Are our beloved VWs becoming just toys now ?

Latest posts