Insurance renewal with HIC

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

windsurfer

Reaction score
Just got my insurance renewal, £315.89 with 2 year no claims!!!!!
This is also limited to 4000 miles per year. It seems pretty steep. My agreed value is 13k and I get

Should I be paying so much? Interested to know how much others pay and if you have any probs getting an agreed value or insurance on a lowered vehicle.

Cheers :)

do Pete Best insurance vehicles that have been modified?......on the website it has a list for online quotes and in it says...'vehicle has no modifications'.

pinstriper said:
do Pete Best insurance vehicles that have been modified?......on the website it has a list for online quotes and in it says...'vehicle has no modifications'.

they insured my 70 westy which was heavily modified, slammed, big engine etc etc

windsurfer said:
Just got my insurance renewal, £315.89 with 2 year no claims!!!!!
This is also limited to 4000 miles per year. It seems pretty steep. My agreed value is 13k and I get

Should I be paying so much? Interested to know how much others pay and if you have any probs getting an agreed value or insurance on a lowered vehicle.

Cheers :)

I've been paying £310 with Just Kampers Insurance (HIC), valued ar £10,000 (I under valued it) and limited to 5,000 miles. I've just been quoted £140.00 by Cherished, guarenteed value of £15,000.00, limited to the same mileage.

Yes I went with cherished last time £150 12k agreed value
And only £35 for uk & European breakdown. Cover

I just re-insured with Sureterm for less than £180 including eurobreak down cover and agreed value of £12k (although they haven't yet confirmed they agree to the valuation), limited to 5000 miles.

me im with heritage and last renewal was £121 with 3000 miles and agreed value of 9.5k..... and thats having it parked on the road outside my house!!!!! :mrgreen:

just tried to get a quote from Cherished but no go
reason is they will not insure vehicles in London if not in insurer's garage/property due to increased incidence of theft
I rent a neighbour's garage for the van; it is virtually next to our garage which has my m/bike and a kiln in it, so can't fit the van in too; both garages are behind padlocked gates and the van has an immobiliser and a tracker fitted
also told that because I wanted the wife on the insurance, van would have to be 3rd vehicle; we have a car and a m/bike which are our daily drivers; this itself necessitated a referral to the underwriting dept over whether the m/b was an acceptable 'vehicle'
not knocking Cherished, all insurers seem to have preset criteria these days, but it is exasperating
think I'll just wait and see what the renewal comes in at

Latest posts