Insurance

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Low n slow

Reaction score
Hi everyone, Just had my renewal from Heritage insurance and it's gone way up from £120 to over £180. Where are some of you using at the moment? Thanks in advance.

I got mine with JK this year. About £110. What bumps it right up is the European wide breakdown cover which is about another £80 I think.
Since I’ve hardly used the bus this year I ought to ask for a discount [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My choice of company down valued the bus by £5000 from 2018 guaranteed valuation to the 2019 guaranteed valuation (pay extra and send off photographs and proof of bought stuff with bills, etc. So....Despite enhancing the bus? No change in yearly insurance price either. I’m currently looking at another company. So far? Great exchanges with emails. Wait to see how this turns out. And. Prices for our buses have increased due to the sad outcomes of Covid. Ethically a dilemma I know. But, my bus is my bus for keeps. But if I needed to replace? A higher price involved.

Still with cherished motor vehicles, but my camper is still a project 🙄
5k value, 1,000 miles £100
Other half went with footman james for his Alfasud
4,000 miles Didn’t ask what value 🤦🏼‍♀️ £115

I’ve been with Hagerty for a few years... http://www.hagertyinsurance.co.uk/ £182 which seems par for the course but way cheaper than the bunch I’d been with for twenty odd years. Can’t recall their name though.

Low n slow said:
Thanks everyone went with Just Kampers in the end £95. :D

I’m just about to do the very same. JK for £95. I’ll chat with them now and if anything seems different then I’ll refresh this bit :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, I’ll try and keep it simple :mrgreen:

Just insured with NFU. Friendly service. Drive my bus daily so went for 10,000 miles travel a year limit. More pricey than you guys at £180. Although RAC cover is included too. They wanted proof of all bills, improvements and photographs. But. I do that for guaranteed value anyways. Saved £60 against my renewal quote of £244 from the last insurer. And no Roadside recovery offered in that renewal quote. I’ve always paid about £150 plus. Maybe it’s the ‘daily use’ that bumps up. Very happy with outcomes.

someone last year was promoting (working for?) Classic Line insurance.

I was with RH for a few years until October of last year when the the DVLA said I was uninsured, I sent them my documents and they said - "thanks for your documents, but sorry, you're not insured". RH said, "oh yes, we sent you those documents in error - you didn't pay". After some back and forth I cleared it up with a 'dear RH, you are in breach of contract' type letter (they made the promise regardless of payment). They admitted their error, asked for back payment and I left them on the same day. One shouldn't have to know some contract law to get a good service out of a business.

Classic line seem pretty good @ £123 for 5000miles, agreed value, parked on drive, full eu coverage including homestart, breakdown etc and a fairly low excess. (The only problem some might have is breakdown cover is limited to cost of £3kPA)

You could go to the Financial Ombudsman for complaints about car insurance. That’s what I did in 2014. Admiral (my car insurance) had put me down on the insurance database as being ‘involved’ in an accident when I hadn’t.

mike202 said:
You could go to the Financial Ombudsman for complaints about car insurance. That’s what I did in 2014. Admiral (my car insurance) had put me down on the insurance database as being ‘involved’ in an accident when I hadn’t.
That's what I threatened Mike (they were in breach of contract and doing nothing about it) so I said last chance before I go to the FO. It got escalated in their (Rh) organisation and they came back to me pretty quick. Shame really as I'd expect them to be better about it

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

mike202 said:
Let’s face it the insurance business is just money for old rope!
Most people don’t claim.

That is actually a very valid point about most people don’t claim. I’m touching wood whilst I’m typing, but never made even a tiny claim with the bus. Wonder how many of us have never made a claim on our pride and joys?

I’m in that gang too. I’ve not made a claim in the however many years I’ve had this bus. I have however just changed to JK, at £98 per annum, £12K agreed after I send piccies, and 5K miles. This was after I’d had my updated premium from Cherished at £180+ .

Ozziedog,,,,,,,lets hope we never claim :mrgreen:

Latest posts