is it scrap?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marco

Reaction score
Got a cylinder head all good except tiny hairline crack between ports, barely visible. Is it scrap or can I use it? Cheers marco

I have one with a slight crack and coming up to 3500 miles on it.. its enough to see with the eye. no crack sprays etc needed with this head :lol:

jonboylaw said:
You mean between intake and exhaust ports in the combustion chamber? I would not use them as you risk dropping a seat and causing a LOT of damage.

Sent from my GX64 SatCom phone using Tapatalk
Yep, that tiny bit between the valve seats, is it worth welding as the rest is fine. The other head I've used as it was 100% fine, no cracks, replaced the one on the engine as it had cracked a lot and been repaired but didn't look too nice, had no confidence in it at all.

Fair point :( just don't like binning stuff (ask my wife)

knackered cylinder heads make excellent chucks for when jacking up the car :) I painted mine yellow so I know they're shit and took the valves out.

Happystamps said:
knackered cylinder heads make excellent chucks for when jacking up the car :) I painted mine yellow so I know they're shit and took the valves out.
Good idea :mrgreen:

Latest posts