Is this colour Sierra Yellow?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesabell1978

Reaction score
Hi all, can any colour experts confirm this is Sierra Yellow, as those who know my bus will confirm the m-plate is missing so wondering if this was the original colour.

Ta James

My bus was originally Sierra yellow ( now savannah beige ) but looking at that it looks similar to Sierra yellow , it's hard to tell in a photo to be honest . I wouldn't like to say I'm certain but it looks very close .

Sent from Johns iPad using Tapatalk HD

that's my sierra yellow bay in the EB banner photo above taken at the first EB lineup at Volksworld

I always thought the colour veered more towards orange than yellow but it's hard to tell from a single photo

Looks very like it , but my bus is sierra yellow and looks different all the time depending on the weather , sometimes more orange and sometimes more yellow .
Try looking at the back of the petrol flap and try and post a picture without using a flash

it looks like it to me, but why feck about with well meant opinions when you can go to any reputable paint shop and have them scan the colour in and tell you zackly what it is........... :idea:

in case they don't have such sci fi equipmwnt in the UK i will apologise in advance. :mrgreen:

I thought it looked a bit … yellowy

If you want paint mixing i think there is an auto paint place in Brighton that'll do it for you

Cheers all for your opinions, confirms my feelings

Pickles, yep Autopaints Brighton are very good, got some Pastel White there and they were very helpful.

Have a looksy here, if you havent seen it before its an awesome guide to colours :)

Looks like a very bright sierra yellow to me, have a nose - http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/colorstype2.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jamesabell1978 said:
Hi all, can any colour experts confirm this is Sierra Yellow, as those who know my bus will confirm the m-plate is missing so wondering if this was the original colour.

Ta James

Looks like a later yellow to me. Sierra yellow is a bit "dirtier" than that.

Looks like my engine bay did.

You also have to remember that most cameras tend to "warm up" the colours a little so it will look brighter than it actually is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Looks like a later yellow to me. Sierra yellow is a bit "dirtier" than that.

I agree...sierra is a tad more' mustardy'...looks like Marino gelb L20A....there is a great paint spec page on the samba.com with codes and years

[photobucket] [/photobucket]

Latest posts