Is this van ugly?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siestacampers

Reaction score
hi have been offered this 1970 dutch delivery van, only rust on it is gutters on one side and outer sill one side, its been down here (Portugal) since 1974 so has survived pretty well. I've already got one of these high tops on a 73 bay and it looks alright, its got an oz visor on it as well so it looks even stranger, I like strange though ,but thats just me. Now if I get this it looks like I've got an obsession for these freaky looking things, haven't seen too many of these in U.k. was just interested to get an idea of what others thought, to see if I really do have bad taste. I could always chop it and have a king size roll top bath :D
early_bay_high.jpg

Apart from the windows it couldnt work out what was wrong about it? Then i remembered factory high tops had doors all the way up like this one.

Euro-Bug-in20604.jpg

Is it a added bit on the roof or steel like the factory ones.

Ive always had a slight soft spot for factory high top panels, can get it into my head with the windows, but would make a good camper.

Sell the late get the early.

And as for visors, i know this one in the picture has one aswell but they are a no no in my opinion. On any bus!

Definitely sell the late get the early. Hightops are gaining in popularity at the moment, i do like them, i cant say why i just do! :D

Latest posts