Jimmy our 68 westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that finish out the gun???? :shock:
What paint they using?? What guns???

Bus will look fantastic when it's back together 8) 8) 8)

Lee C said:
Is that finish out the gun???? :shock:
What paint they using?? What guns???

Bus will look fantastic when it's back together 8) 8) 8)

For the paint questions I have no idea :lol: I'm sure it's out the gun but I have no idea what paint or guns. I'm sure they've told me the paint type but I can't remember. I'll point Drew in the direction of this thread and see if he'll fill you in :)

Well we're picking it up tomorrow and can't wait! There's a couple of small bits to finish in the morning so we have to wait till 3pm to collect, I think I might be like a kid on xmas eve tonight :lol:

67westy said:
Well we're picking it up tomorrow and can't wait! There's a couple of small bits to finish in the morning so we have to wait till 3pm to collect, I think I might be like a kid on xmas eve tonight :lol:

Then the work really begins 8) Looks fantastic! I still think Pearl white is the best colour on a bus :msn4:

creationblue said:
67westy said:

Then the work really begins 8) Looks fantastic! I still think Pearl white is the best colour on a bus :msn4:

No bias there at all :msn4: but I think you're right :lol:

Hopefully not too much hard work. I have 6 full days free before the wedding to get it insulated and sound proofed (still not sure which way is best!), LPG back in and then recover seats, flooring, roof lining and interior refitted. Piece of piss :shock:

67westy said:
creationblue said:
67westy said:

No bias there at all :msn4: but I think you're right :lol:

Hopefully not too much hard work. I have 6 full days free before the wedding to get it insulated and sound proofed (still not sure which way is best!), LPG back in and then recover seats, flooring, roof lining and interior refitted. Piece of piss :shock:

:lol: I know Ive done it recently :roll:

You were fitting a whole new interior though :) I'm hoping my task will be a little easier as it should all just slot back in (yeah right!)

67westy said:
You were fitting a whole new interior though :) I'm hoping my task will be a little easier as it should all just slot back in (yeah right!)

Just dont scratch that paint fella 8)

creationblue said:
67westy said:

Just dont scratch that paint fella 8)

I've already had nightmares about that and my dad has said he's not going anywhere near it with anything sharp so I could be doing this on my own :shock: I'm sure that whatever damage I do Stuart and Drew can repair it :lol:

Now then mate!
You must just be a little excited now? Bet you had a sleepless night hey?!
Looks like they've done an amazing job, gonna make my paintwork look shocking :lol:
Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh mate!
Catch up with ya soon,
Cheers
Wilf

Well today was the day and it was definitely worth the wait :) Stuart and Drew have done an amazing job and we haven't stopped smiling since we collected, here's some pics :)

IMAG0285-1.jpg

IMAG0286.jpg

IMAG0287.jpg

IMAG0288.jpg

IMAG0289.jpg

On the way back we had one minor breakdown that was easily fixed and a wiper blade made a bid for freedom but that didn't seem to matter as it still looked good on the side of the road :lol: The only downside to driving it home is that it has bug splats on the front now so I'm going to have to wash it, I think I might be doing that a lot :shock: Just need to refit the interior now and we're ready for the wedding 8)

gingerporsche said:
Now then mate!
You must just be a little excited now? Bet you had a sleepless night hey?!
Looks like they've done an amazing job, gonna make my paintwork look shocking :lol:
Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh mate!
Catch up with ya soon,
Cheers
Wilf

Absolutely shattered today mate, not a lot of sleep and a long day! Your paintwork is awesome, I think they'll make a good pair next to each other 8) We're in Chapel tomorrow and Sunday if you wanna pop round bud.

Cheers chaps :D the photos really don't do justice to the finish that Midland Paintwerks have achieved. I keep going outside to look at it in the dark :lol: anyway I think I better get to bed........

Latest posts