Jimmy our 68 westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks amazing - what a smashing bus!

I would be scared to hook up an awning to it never mind driving it!

Beautiful

68_early_bay said:
Wow looking brill 8)

Cheers, I'll be getting some more pics up later of the interior. Didn't quite get everything finished that I wanted to for the wedding as I ran out of time and parts!

StuF said:
Looks amazing - what a smashing bus!

I would be scared to hook up an awning to it never mind driving it!

Beautiful

:) It's going to be used as it was intended, I'm trying not to be too scared of using it. Any damage I do can be repaired by Stuart & Drew, they've already had it back once to fix a few things and sort out some scrapes and chips from putting the interior in :oops: I'm off to collect it for the second time on saturday. Been looking at your thread, your bus is looking good I'll have to keep an eye out for it in Lincoln. Strongy was on about having a semi regular meet up as there are a few of us in lincoln now........

creationblue said:
Hi mate, ive been out the game recently, how did the wedding go?????

The wedding was awesome mate :D Hannah did a fantastic job planning and arranging everything. It was a very special day and I think everyone had a good time. I'm pretty sure Wilf (gingerporsche) did as he ended up pouring a shot of sambuca into his own eye by then end of the night :lol: Still not sure if that was an accident or not.

Will get some wedding pics up although we haven't got any of me and hannah with the van as the weather turned on us before the van pics got done :( Planning another shoot in a few weeks to fill in the blanks.

Saw a few vans in the Hawaiian islands, one early that I got a poor picture of from a distance a couple of lates and quite a few T25's

So here's a few more

Ready for the wedding:

P1000029.jpg

P1000030.jpg

And some interior shots:
P1000538.jpg

P1000539.jpg

P1000540.jpg

P1000541.jpg

The flooring was redone with a new 2 piece ply floor and NOS vinyl. All birch panels were replaced thanks to the patience of my dad, he did a great job of them.

Few jobs left to do now, I need to get some curtain rail as the old stuff isn't right. Replace the steering wheel, change the shocks, get an edging trim for the floor and fit new door cards when they are delivered from newton. And I just noticed the wrinkly trim on the wardrobe so that will need straightening out too :) At least the list is getting shorter now!

Well it's been a while since the update so one from the wedding, me and my best men (i'm the good looking one in the van):

bXK4y.jpg

And today I fitted my new Gaz shocks :D

tAM4Q.jpg

1jeyh.jpg

Marriedblonde said:
Loving this thread. Looking back through i commented on how yours was in simillar condition to mine and that i wasn't going to do the bodywork... Oops i lied.

Fantastic looking bus :)

J.

:lol: strange how we change our minds so quick. I'm glad I got ours done whilst the amount of rust that was found wasn't huge compared to some buses it was still a lot more than I expected. You'll be grinning from ear to ear once mildand paintwerks have worked their magic :) I'll keep an eye out for the pics

Well a new year and hopefully it wont be long until I can bring the bus out of hibernation. So I'll have a list of jobs to do once it emerges and here seems as good a place as any to put the list and make sure I don't lose it. So here what needs to be done:

Fit remaining curtain rails and curtains
Get wifey to make black out screens
Find and fit finishing strip to floor near sliding door
Fit GPS tracker
Full engine service
Check and adjust brakes
Engine out to fit new heat exchangers and find a small oil leak (round cooler I think)
Fix door lock
Fit new door cards
Refurb original seats
Get windscreen changed (Strongy!)
Finish off fitting propex
Look into LED lighting options
Fit pedal pan
Re-cover westy stool
Get the sink unit sorted
Fit chrome rear light surrounds

I'm sure I've missed stuff but that's enough to start with! Hopefully the list will get smaller and not bigger.......

Jimmy's one lucky bus to get so much attention. Job well done! Are those original 14's or spilt window 15 inch wheels?

Cheers chaps :)
vwcanuck said:
Jimmy's one lucky bus to get so much attention. Job well done! Are those original 14's or spilt window 15 inch wheels?

Ha, he does get a lot of attention, hopefully the bigger jobs are nearing an end now and it'll be maintenance for a while!

The wheels are the original 14s

Thanks ... yet one more good looking bus that has convinced me to keep my 14s :)

vwcanuck said:
Thanks ... yet one more good looking bus that has convinced me to keep my 14s :)

Glad to hear it, I'm a fan of the original wheels :)

After a look over the van this morning I've remembered some more jobs for the list:

67westy said:
Fit remaining curtain rails and curtains
Get wifey to make black out screens
Fit finishing strip to floor near sliding door
Fit GPS tracker
Full engine service
Check and adjust brakes
Engine out to fit new heat exchangers and find a small oil leak (round cooler I think)
Fix door lock
Fit new door cards
Refurb original seats
Get windscreen changed (Strongy!)
Finish off fitting propex
Look into LED lighting options
Fit pedal pan
Re-cover westy stool
Get the sink unit sorted
Fit chrome rear light surrounds
Fit new steering wheel
Fit westy cargo net
Fit wiper spindles + NOS 68 wiper arms
Check why the washers only last 10 minutes
Pop top fringe
mozzie nets for windows
Find and fit ignition switch (spring broke)
Try 150lb springs on coilovers
Fit new air vent

Latest posts