JK Gripe

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gagvanman

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed JK's service has dropped through the floor recently?

Twice in the past couple of monthts I have ordered parts from the JK web site (parts showing in stock) only to find out that they are not in stock. What are they hoping to achieve by doing this, all it does is piss people off.

Also before their move to new premises they used to deliver the next day, and also their prices have just about doubled in the last 12 months.

Now my project for this weekend is on hold again...

Gripe over

Not used JK in ages, the quality of most of their automotive stuff is pretty crappy, the camping stuff is good though.
Give their customer services a ring brother, nothing to lose.

Cant give to much away here, but i was present about 2 years ago when a certain senior individual at the company said, "Not Really bothered what its like as long as its cheap"
....as an owner of a vehicle too,
which wasn't the reason i was there !
i wasn't impressed to hear it.....i haven't bought anything mechanical from them since !

I dont order much from them these days but the last order I had from them was for a pair of those plastic heater hoses, they arrived, one black and one grey ... I was miffed but didnt do anything about it. Months later I griped about it on a forum thread about them and they got in touch and sent me a black one, which was pretty cool of them I thought.

They are a large distributor of reproduction parts at the end of the day, use the smaller companys for bespoke stuff and importers for used og. I guess there is a market place for everyone.

Ordered a few items off them of late. My personal experience i can't fault their delivery and customer services.
However the products were a bit pricey on reflection.

....Feel the love!

Bought callipers recently and they arrived next day, I ordered by phone as I had some questions and couldn't fault the service or quality.

I must have been lucky :)

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?zmy1i4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I also have received a very good service from JK recently, everything that was/is on back order has been described as that.
I always deal with Ian Wheeler he is top bloke and always updated me.

I dont order from them because they extra cost to N.I. is prohibitive. I don't know who their Courier is but they charge an arm-and-leg for highlands and Islands.

Not used them in years after some poor quality camping stuff, tents and toilet tents. I tend to stick to C&C these days

Not used them in years either. Got a bad reaction to my problems with damage to paintwork from their cover, left their forum and found earlybay. The rest is history! Sadly the guy I bought my van off was a JK fan so I'll be replacing much of their shoddy stuff over the coming months.

Funnily enough Mike I had exactly the same issue with their cover as well. On balance I guess you get what you pay for and I will have to get one of those Pro-tec covers

Well I needed some bits in a hurry. So today I checked JK's opening times and yep 10-4 it says on the web site. travelled up from Salisbury and guess what. A ragged piece of paper on the door saying they don't open on weekends anymore. Even though the web site says they do. I went Ferkin Ape sh*t. Waste of my time. So that's it for me. As I can't get bits over the counter at the weekends no more I'll use Air Cooled and Machine 7. Both who have been excellent in the past.

Copy of the daft note I wrote them just now on their web site. I doubt I'll get a reply it would mean taking the time to read something from a customer. Something they won't be getting from me from now on :evil: :evil:

So there I was stood in your car park looking at a locked door. Oh how I laughed (that's not quite true) when I realised you decided to close on weekends. that's fine your business do as you like. Just next time maybe you'd like to update your web site so customer don't waste two hours of their life to the M3 travelling. What a joke you are becoming. I see more and more negative threads on web pages about your firm these days. Are you trying to make yourselves bankrupt by alienating all your customers? Well I won't be back. If I have to order anything from now on as the nearest place to me is now shut at weekends I'll shall be using Air cooled or Machine 7. At least they won't ever waste my time. I don't even know why I'm writing this as I doubt I'll get a reply.

Really surprised to hear this kind of stuff, I've bought from them for years, I'm always careful on what I buy from anyone when they're repro parts, as most of them come from the same place. But the things I have bought from them have been spot on. And next day delivery too. I always make my orders by phone to make sure things are right. It's not always been plain sailing, but when ever I have had a problem I've phoned them and sorted it.

I have just taken delivery of an order from them, and the quality of parts is fine, but like I say I am selective on what I buy from where as I've been into this air Cooled madness for a long time.

I hope things get worked out for people, and we start to hear more positive things about suppliers.

I'll start the ball rolling from some experiences from just this week........

Mandy at CE once again helpful and informative, thanks very much, great place.

Si at red9, cheers mate, looking forward to dealing with you again.

Yvonne at madmatz, thanks again.

David at R and R in sharnbrook, David is beyond a shadow of a doubt one of the most helpful people out there, and will not stop until he has done what he said he will do.

Austin said:
Mandy at CE once again helpful and informative, thanks very much, great place.

Si at red9, cheers mate, looking forward to dealing with you again.

Yvonne at madmatz, thanks again.

David at R and R in sharnbrook, David is beyond a shadow of a doubt one of the most helpful people out there, and will not stop until he has done what he said he will do.

Well done to Mandy at CE, Si at Red9, Yvonne at Madmatz and David at R&R

will be ordering a few panels in the morning from them, got a few bits and pieces when i had my t4 and always had a good experiance lets hope its the same! :|

Hi All,

My names Josh, and I'm writing from Just Kampers as we'd like to try and resolve the issues that people have had with our products and services here.
As soon as I can across this thread I immediately brought it to the attention of Mark Reynolds, Founder and MD of Just Kampers, and he has just now sent me this response, which I'm posting up on his behalf:

'It's a great disappointment to me to see this tread, and I am 100% committed to resolving this issues and concerns raised.

On the issue of quality:
We continually review what we sell. But every few years we have a 'ground up review' and that's going on right now. I've spent the last 6 weeks and have another 4-6 weeks to go, reviewing ALL the parts we sell, making sure the descriptions are 100% accurate, the photos are up to date and most importantly that they products are 1) Good quality 2) Represent good value for money and 3) the suppliers are able to supply on time.

Items showing in stock on the web:
We 'sync' the website and our back office every 15 mins to make sure stocks as accurate as possible. While every effort is made to ensure that all of the stock levels on our website are correct, what you need to keep in mind is the massive volumes that we ship every day. For example in May 2012, we shipped 58,517 parts!

Items out of stock:
We go through a very strict Quality Control check when the goods arrive, which shows the Goods In team the images of the part and tells them exactly what to check when the part arrives. It also tells them if the part needs extra / repacking etc. For Example: On a mirror it shows them how to check which side it is, make sure it has the full fitting kit, bubble wrap it and put it back in box, them bar code the box.

We do reject parts when they arrive, so this can cause us to be out of stock. For example we rejected a delivery of Thermo mats which were not good enough quality, so none of that delivery has been sold - But it means we are out of stock whilst the factory makes a new batch.

On the heater hose issue:
We do have to infill parts when our 1st choice supplier is out of stock / can't supply on time. We are in the middle of changing how we list this and from about late August / early September this year, ANY part where we are having to 'in fill' will be the same part number but will have an ALT at the end to mark the fact that it is not from the usual supplier, and be stored in a separate location to the normal stock to avoid sending orders containing two different colours etc.

Camper Man:
Can you please email me directly on [email protected], as I would like to know who said this at JK and if they still work at JK I will ensure they are disciplined over it. It's simply not how we purchase the parts. We have an internal staff handbook and if you turn to purchasing section it starts with "Make sure whatever we sell represents great value for money..."

Give us a 2nd Chance:
If anybody would like to give us a '2nd chance' call our sales manager on Shaun on 01256 860 034 or email him on [email protected]
And we will offer you until the end of June Free delivery to the UK and if possible a 10% discount (excludes engines, gearboxes).'

I hope the above message from Mark Reynolds is enough to answer any questions that people might have, but I'll be keeping an eye on the forum and would be more than happy to answer any further questions or concerns that anyone has.

In addition, I just wanted to apologise again to Doz for the time wasted at the weekend. We had advertised the change of opening hours in a few places, but a fault with the website meant that the information was not visible over the weekend - This is a fault that we're currently looking in to so that we can ensure that this doesn't happen again.
I believe that Shaun, our Sales Manager here at JK, has called you this morning in response to the email which you sent us, and a resolution has been reached between the two of you, so I hope this goes some way towards making up for it.

Thanks for reading
Josh_JK

I've just ordered a westy rear roof trim 4.5m, delivered to a Mr S. Forrester. Paid via papal [email protected] Charged £5 for delivery. Does this mean i can have this refunded?

....Feel the love!

Latest posts