king n link conversion,wheres best?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The zer

Reaction score
Where's best place to get narrowed beam drop spindles etc.bought last lot from Slamwerks.are they still about? Looking for complete king n link set up.thanks in advance.

Balls'd

Great guy and great service. Had mine done before crimbo, really chuffed with the results.

Check out there Facebook page

Ross

When I did my own conversion abut 8 months ago these are the quotes.

4" Narrow beam
Narrowed leaves
Flipped and rebuilt spindles
Slam arms

1st T2D £1900 :shock:
2nd BallsD £1700 but where very helpful and would use them for work that I didn't feel happy doing.
3rd Transporterhaus £1250 but for £1425 I got a set of adjustable spring plates.

I made my own narrowed steering arms to save money.

If I did it all again I would go the Transporterhaus method or if I wanted it fitted deffo go and see Matt Balls (as Molbyj said above)

Slamwerks are now T2D.......

I made my own beam because A: to be cheaper (but in the end cost the same as a Slamwerks beam) :lol: B: because I wanted to be narrower than 4.5" :msn4:

Got Slamwerks K&L spindles, narrowed trailing arms, trailing arm sleeves and link pin kit for about £800-£850 if I remember. But after ordering I got a conformation email from T2D :| and it took 2 attempts and 3 reminder email to get the right link pins :roll: Seen the Dogback beams Balls'd is selling and in hindsight would have got the stuff from him.

I've got Slamwerks on mine, it was fitted just before they decided to concentrate on developing new stuff and being a supplier of parts and kits rather than fitting their own... I believe they supply now to T2D who will in turn fit you a beam..

Balls'd has been mentioned, not used them personally as yet, but the work always seems to be good and I've heard no complaints...

I haven't heard Creative Engineering mentioned though... I'd say they're worth a look, Also, Red9 could be a wildcard option depending on your desired stance...

Creative springs plates are brilliant, however I am not impressed by their beams tbh. Far to heavy & bulky plus the end plates hang down really low so a 'slammed' bus is not really possible. Ended up grinding them down on the Weedeater I fitted for someone.

As already said Slamwerks are no longer and as far as I'm aware are not making bits for T2D either so not sure where their stuff comes from now.

Most options have been mentioned but also worth looking at:

Evil Bens
Vintage Autohaus are also producing some really nice stuff

If you shop around you can find a lot of the bits yourself, complete knl beam for instance then do an exchange with transporterhaus for some dropped spindles and buy a beam itself from which supplier you prefer.

My Slamwerks beam is just bushed and not Needle Pinned. Has anyone had both? Do they drive any different?

I fitted a Slamwerks beam to a '76 which was bushes rather than having needle bearings and the ride wasn't as good as the beam I made for mine and fitted needle bearings too.

Latest posts