LED indicator bulbs

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doubt it as I think the old fashioned flasher relay in a bay depends on there being a certain level of resistance in the indicator bulb for the flasher to operate, and the led bulbs don't have bough resistance in them. Don't hold me to this answer but I'm reasonably certain that will be the case, unless of course you have a more modern electronic flasher relay!

I know what you're saying but it says "This Bulb will stop (most) Bulb Warning (Canbus) error swithout the need of special load resistors" so I'm unsure :?
They sell the unidirectional ones on VW Heritage,so thought this should be better. If its the right fitment then I'll give it a go.

Canbus is the wiring system used in most modern cars, or the systems that will do stuff like put a warning light on your dash when a bulb is out etc...
Doubt it will work on your bus but hey, you could give it a try and return them maybe if they don't work?

I think thats the ones i use in mine. still needed a resistor to draw enough current just to kick the relay into life. obviously doesnt therefore use less energy but is certainly brighter (not dangerously so) and should last longer

Latest posts