Leisure Battery Install

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Genchy

Reaction score
As most of you will know i have been fannying around considering fitting a Leisure Battery.

Well after speaking to you guys i decided to do it myself and you were right it was simple (with the help of Goatboys guide :lol: ).

So far i have installed all the wiring fitted the battery in the engine bay and made and fitted all the battery connections. I have used 30A fuses just to keep everything safe and have passed the wiring into the bus via the Spare Wheel Well.

Checked the system and all is well.

Just have to wait for the secondary fuse box and the battery guage to come from JK and i will have the system all sorted.

Intending to run the following through it:

Interior Lights
Cooler
Radio
Invertor

So i think the 85aH battery should be sufficient. Really glad i started this now as i didn't want to go to VolksWorld and have to jump start on Sunday :shock:

If anyone is thinking of going about this then i really would recommend the Halfords kit, it is a bit steep at £16 but it is easy to understand and install.

Cheers,

Kev :D

ive put my second fuse box in my westy jump seat with my sub box, also run a couple of cigarette lighter points for charging mobiles, running lights, coolbox etc

lets see some pics 8)

Will get the camera out and get some pics sorted. Won't be able to fit the fuse box and guage until the weekend but can post the work to date and update at the weekend. 8)

May use the green wire to run my chiller until i get a fridge put in.

Thanks for all the help and advice fella's, will get the pics up soon.

Cheers,

Kev

Latest posts