Leisure Battery & Split Charge Relay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

69 Westy

Reaction score
Hi peeps i guess this has been asked a thousand times so please forgive where do you guys normally site your leisure battery im guessing on the left hand side ? Is there a battery hold down ? Also where do you site the split charge relay please excuse my numptiness :oops:

Yep , my leasure battery lives in the left, I didn't fit it originally so not to sure about the fixings, my split charger is located just in front on the cross member near rear light.

Sent from my C2105 using Tapatalk 2

Aazbo said:
Yep , my leasure battery lives in the left, I didn't fit it originally so not to sure about the fixings, my split charger is located just in front on the cross member near rear light.

Sent from my C2105 using Tapatalk 2
Thanks Mate ;)

I woud advocate clamping it down. You can get them from the usual places like Just Kampers for not much money.

Nick

71Westy said:
I woud advocate clamping it down. You can get them from the usual places like Just Kampers for not much money.

Nick

Battery Clamp ? http://www.justkampers.com/217-915-329-1-battery-clamp-for-vw-t2-bay-1967-1979-and-beetle-1967-1988.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not quite as you won't have the fitting in the base of the battery tray for that.

More like the second pic here
http://www.bushbatteries.co.uk/contents/en-uk/d158__battery-box.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers,
Nick

Insecure battery is now an MOT fail so it needs a bracket of some sort, 2 shortish pieces of threaded rod through the floor of the opposite battery tray and a flat piece of bar to go across the top of the battery and a couple of wingnuts. Sorted :lol:

Graham's right, I bought a similar clamp to the one from Bush Batteries and found that the rods that go from top to bottom were too short.
I ended up using a threaded bar cut and shaped to a suitable length as Graham suggests.

I fitted my split charge inside, at the top of the engine bay where the engine lid is hinged and secured the cable to the clips for the brake light cables with cable ties.
Electric hook up mounted behind spare wheel well.

Latest posts