Lincoln Van Jamboree

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irishpete

Reaction score
Hey all,

Since the Lincoln meet is one of the most active on here, I was wondering whether anything has been sorted about going to the Van Jamboree in May?

http://volkscene.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pete

I went a couple of years ago and it was really really poor - the reports and feedback from last year werent much better.
Even though it is on my door step I wont be attending unless there is considerable improvements.

I will be going again this year. As Stu mentioned last year wasn't brilliant but the only way the event will grow and improve is if we support it. I'm sure the rest of the Stinkonshirians will also be out in support. Lets hope for some good weather and some nice VW's on display. :D See you there Stu. ;)

Yes as above its a relatively new show and the only way it will grow is with support from everyone its a great place to camp with good pitches etc just needs to grow and intise the big traders most of which are bassed in the south good luck and I do hope it gets bigger

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

I've only been for the day a couple of times but wasn't impressed. I imagine it is much better camping in a group rather than a day visitor though. I think we managed to stretch it out to about 45 minutes of wandering around including eating a burger and then we left. Hopefully it will improve with time and as it grows there will be more to see and do but we wont be going this year as we already have plans.

Will be going this year missed it last year went two previous year was much better show when held at newark ,but lets give it a chance hope weather is better this year :( :(

Il be there .its a field with a few takeaways and you take you're own rum.what more do you want? Lol the weather has ruined it the last 2 years. the year before was awesome.if all goes to plan il be there in the all new improved westy ;)

I might try and get over there for the day (depends on work commitments).

I'm assuming Saturday is generally considered the "better" day?

StuF said:
I went a couple of years ago and it was really really poor - the reports and feedback from last year werent much better.
Even though it is on my door step I wont be attending unless there is considerable improvements.

The weather has not been good for us the last 2 years which doesn't help with the atmosphere at the show... but if you have any idea's to help improve the Vanjamboree you are more than welcome to share with me' :D
we have not heard or seen any bad reports about the vanjamboree but we are willing to take comments good or bad on board to help with future events.
Cheers Pete

gvee said:
I might try and get over there for the day (depends on work commitments).

I'm assuming Saturday is generally considered the "better" day?

There is things happening both days mate

67westy said:
I've only been for the day a couple of times but wasn't impressed. I imagine it is much better camping in a group rather than a day visitor though. I think we managed to stretch it out to about 45 minutes of wandering around including eating a burger and then we left. Hopefully it will improve with time and as it grows there will be more to see and do but we wont be going this year as we already have plans.

The weather has been against us the past couple of years ' hopefully we're gonna have sun sun sun this year . hope you make it for the weekend this year

Latest posts