Link pins miss aligned

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rexer

Reaction score
Fitting up my slamwerks drop spindles and the link pins on one of them are not lined up square to each other.

Not knowing much about how the king pins are made, is it possible for the link pins to move independent from each other or could the king pin or carrier be bent?

I'm guessing not bent but not put together square

Is it there is a gap between the link pin and the trailing arm? If it's this then you have the link pin in the wrong side. On drop spindles the link pin fits in from the side without the 3 dimples and you cannot use a grease cap.

or

If the link pins are out of line by a degree or 2 then the king pin needs a twist. This is an easy fix. Put the top king pin in a vice, stick a breaker bar in the other king pin and turn until they line up.

Had a feeling you would come to
My rescue mate, it's the latter, tried giving it a whack with a rubber mallet but it's too tight. Will give your method a pop tomorrow.

Thanks dude :)

For reference, the above was sorted with a slight twist of the king pin thanks to TransporterHaus. Makes sense now i know how they work :p

Latest posts