Local early bay groups

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rustydiver

Reaction score
Being that there are fair few regular EB'ers was thinking about a locality register, this could help if people need local help on their vans and small get togethers.
Was only thinking about town details not full address, this can be given at users discression via message board.

What are other peoples views on this.

As i said i was only thinking about it, but i can be dangerous when i think.

Sounds like a good idea to me 8)

I dont have a problem telling people where i'm from, but surely if people filled in there location under the avaitor's this would tell you anyway!

on one forum i used (non vw) they made a sticky with a map showing people's locations, so you could go there and check, every member can decide if they wish to be included.

So if thats possible or even just a list, I say go for it.

Gareth

cyberdyne systems said:
on one forum i used (non vw) they made a sticky with a map showing people's locations, so you could go there and check, every member can decide if they wish to be included.

So if thats possible or even just a list, I say go for it.

Gareth
Edenbridge, Kent

theres something like that as a function on google maps. you can allow access to other so they can post thier locations, ill go have a rummage about see if i can work it out.

obviously you wouldnt want to give your exact address for van security reasons :wink:

ok, i've set up a private invitation only map, email me your address and i'll invite anyone as a collaborator to add yourself and any useful business nearby that would be of interest to EBer's :wink:

you dont have to put your exact location, infact it would be better if you didnt safety in mind.

How do we look at the map Johnny, you post it once its filled in?

I'm from Kent - dont think thats giving too much away. Nearby in South Godstone, Surrey there is a place called Bugs N Bits, that services aircooled vw's, and my local club which meets in Bletchingley, Surrey is called the Aquaphobics.

Gareth

send me your email... i invite you to the map, you join the map edit it etc.

keeps it fairly private so safer. you can post the link publicly if wanted

anyone who wants to post on it is invited they can save and log into the map anytime they want.

Fortunate Son said:
Yep, cracking idea (Im moving to Somerset over xmas and would be good to meet some earlybayers in the locality)

Where to?
Im in Bridgwater.
Please no comments about the name smelly town. The smell is long gone now :D.

Fortunate Son said:
Yep, cracking idea (Im moving to Somerset over xmas and would be good to meet some earlybayers in the locality)

Cracking! There are a few of us about, i am near Wincanton, and there are Taunton and Street area early bay-ers too......

Alistair

rustydiver said:
Fortunate Son said:

Where to?
Im in Bridgwater.

Im moving to kind of half way between Cheddar and Burnham on Sea, North Somerset I guess

Fortunate Son said:
rustydiver said:
Fortunate Son said:

Where to?
Im in Bridgwater.

Im moving to kind of half way between Cheddar and Burnham on Sea, North Somerset I guess

That will be somerset.

areas that was Somerset before it was changed to Avon in 1974, was recalled North Somerset when Avon was abolished a few years ago.

Latest posts