Lock Help Needed

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coupester996

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm after some help - I recently have had my van restored and unfortunately I've now got 5 separate keys for the doors locks so I was intending to get the original handles re-chromed. Here's the problem - to send the handles off to the metal finishers I need to take the barrels out and I can't seem to manage this. I've followed information I've found on here and other sites but it seems the handles have tiny grub screws holding the barrels in place which I can't free up.

Has anyone gone through this before an offer any advise of how best to proceed?

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

Richard

Call Robin at the lock shop and we can sort it all out for you

https://www.customandcommercial.com/about-us/lock-shop/

thelockshopbanner.png

The barrels do indeed have a tiny grub screw holding them into the handles. They have a nail varnish like liquid blobbed onto them to stop them from coming loose over time. This needs to be carefully scraped off as any remnants will make it hard to remove the grub screw without damaging it. Use a screwdriver for tightening glasses arms to get it out - any resistance means it needs more cleaning or maybe a bit of heat to persuade it to come unstuck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts