Locked keys in van

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irishpete

Reaction score
Well the title says it all :oops:

Can anyone PM me any tips for getting them out short of call in a locksmith? I have no opening quarter lights :roll:

Queue the ribbing :?

Only to say commiserations :( - I'm sure that if more than just my sliding door could be locked :oops: ....I'd have done the same by now :D

Just by chance have a route about in the engine bay above the hatch or the top part of the battery try as while I was cleaning mine I found one of those magnetic key boxes stuck there and it had the original keys in it too

Just a long shot

Mark

Irishpete said:
Well the title says it all :oops:

Can anyone PM me any tips for getting them out short of call in a locksmith? I have no opening quarter lights :roll:

Queue the ribbing :?
PM'd

Get as many vw keys as you can from locals and try them in the locks. I did the same and managed to borrow a few sets and one opened the door.
Do not get a lock Smith, they will wedge the doorskin and try to hook the door release. This will bend the skin and knacker the door... If all falls then breaking a quarter light might be the cheapest option.

Good luck.

jiggle the door lock with another key ,get a selection .done it many times :msn4:

Take a piece of glass out, easy to refit. Tailgate one is easy

Graham L said:
Take a piece of glass out, easy to refit. Tailgate one is easy

In an old van I took a side window out in Tescos car park one time to get in :lol:

Not yet :( I'm at work all day today but she's safely secreted away so it'll probably be thursday(!) before I get a chance. I've called the RAC and my girlfriend's going to supervise while they try and get in this afternoon. Failing that ill be trying / calling some of the pm ideas and crossing my fingers that I don't have to break a window! :?

What a muppet!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

cut a rubber before you brake the glass if it gets to that,especialy if your rubbers are old.kills 2 birds with 1 stone that way :mrgreen:

We got in! You know those old keys you have lying around? Well if one of them happens to be for a bus then keep it! Our old van key worked on our new van - thanks to those who suggested that and all the other help :D

New job list.

1. Get keys cut

2. Get more keys cut!

Latest posts