Lowering My Bus need some info!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

8ballbug

Reaction score
Right I want to lower my bus it is already but turned 1 or 2 splines at the rear and on a shitty foxy adjuster thats been welded up so want to start from scratch new beam the works!

I want a 4" narrowed beam from slamworks which comes with adjusters welded in but want to go low but how low will my ball joints cope with?
And on the rear was going to turn back to stock and was looking at getting the Red 9 4" lower spring plate arms, but how do i get my wheel off if i have a puncture?

Any info would be great and info on shoxs would be good too. I am feeling the recession so no drop splindles or real expensive bits

cheers
ben

The wheel will come off asy if you have lower profile tyres and 15 or 16 inch rims. The other thing is if you've had a puncture it will be flat too!
Getting the inflated one back in there is the biggy. I've got adjustable spring plates s o if all else fails I can wind em back to nearly stock. I've also got a can of compressed air that fixes flats so I can reinlate the spare if I put it in deflated.
OR..I give up and call the roadside service (RACV) and say its my son's bus..... :lol:

As for the front end you are going to be limited by the wheel tubs, so again use 15 or 16s and 45 profile tyres.

mines lowered 2 splines at the rear but im going to go for adjustable rear spring plates, this way when you jack the rear up the wheel will drop down far enough so you dont need to pry the plate down to get the wheel off.

I don't know how you'd get the wheels on or off with those 4" plates, I have standard plates and need to drop them right down.

8ballbug said:
...as for the front can you get longer travel ball joints for a bus like you can for a beetle?

Your best bet will be dropped spindles and adjusters, that way you can go lower without overstressing anything.
Or Red9 lowering kit plus dropped spindles.

It all costs money!!!

;)

Latest posts