Lowering the bay - a little bit...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pow

Reaction score
HI guys,

Can you help me out please! I'm very confused.

I want to lower the bay, just a little bit as it sits sooo high at the moment. I only want to go down a couple of inches at the most, we have a radiator under the van between the chassis rails so we need the air flow under there.

What's the best and most cost-effective way of doing this? Some sites are saying I don't need to change any parts, it's just labour and some say otherwise.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

If its just lowering the front end down to make it level I used the red9 ez rider kit
Easy to fit No welding or cutting and made a massive difference in the drivability of the van
Warnings tho lowering is addictive :lol:

Looks good and all that but it's nearly £500 - isn't there a cheaper option?

You could fit adjusters in your beam but this is not the easiest of things to do.

I would go down the drop spindle route:

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=54633" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What ever you do, remember you may need to purchase new shocks to suit your new height when done.

The cheapest way is to go to T2d etc, they do a 1 day lowering service. Can't be adjusted after though so be sure it's what you want.

pow said:
Is there a cheap way of doing it? :(

If you can do it yourself, then yes, it can be done for free. Dismantle the beam, drill out the spot welds that hold the central leaf locators in place, then whack it (the locator) free using a scaffold pole from the side, then whack it from side to side to make sure it moves easily. Then extend the holes that the central bolt goes through so it allows the bolt to sit at a lower point - this in turn ensures that the trailing arms sit at a different angle to then thus lowering it. Bolt it all back together again and essentially youve lowered the van for nothing. :)
You can go a couple of inches and get away without needing new dampers, tyres etc and without comprimising too much ride quality.

Umm I think I'd rather put that money towards a new red9 design beam really! That and a new steering box and your halfway there!

Latest posts