Lowering with Red9 ez rider kit

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lambretta-tom

Reaction score
Hi

I have tried doing a search but not getting any info with pics etc
Looking at options for lowering not full on slamming narrowing job but I would think around 3-4" should do it I am looking for examples of buses running the Red9 ez rider set up and feedback on this the 2-4" kit
If I go down the DS route is there a company who suplies these to suit drums ?
I've herd of people fitting DS then needing to use coilovers to lift the van to a usable hight

The rear sounds straight forward I will be going the adjustable spring plate route

Thanks

Lambretta-tom said:
Hi

I have tried doing a search but not getting any info with pics etc
Looking at options for lowering not full on slamming narrowing job but I would think around 3-4" should do it I am looking for examples of buses running the Red9 ez rider set up and feedback on this the 2-4" kit
If I go down the DS route is there a company who suplies these to suit drums ?
I've herd of people fitting DS then needing to use coilovers to lift the van to a usable hight

The rear sounds straight forward I will be going the adjustable spring plate route

Thanks
The EZ Rider kit is a simple and easy method for lowering your bus. I have the same kit fitted although it was on when I bought it. I replaced the Spax coilovers with Gaz ones because the Spax ones were corroded so much I couldn't easily adjust them.

If you look in my build thread there are a couple of pictures of the new shocks.

Not much else to say about them though. Probably worth getting the red9 bump stops too unless your reasonably good at fabricating things? I don't current my have any fitted but plan to make some eventually.

Don't know anything about dropped spindles, there is a Gaz Shock thread on this forum where people are fitting coilovers with dropped spindles to increase spring rate to stop the tyre hitting the arch.

Lowering the rear a similar amount would require 1 bump to be cut off the bump stop, or you will be driving permanently on the bump stops. I have cut mine down by 1 and smoothed the rubber so it looks 'correct' for MOT purposes. Not noticed any abnormal knocks or bangs when the suspension bottoms out at the back, so I assume all is good!

I have the R9 set up on mine, down around 2.5" with adjustable plates, also R9 one the back. I am happy as Larry with it. To my mind it looks spot on and the ride is sweet.

I can't figure the photo thing on here but if you pm me your E-mail I'll send photos. Any questions, ask.

Latest posts