Loxys mini-resto/arse in gear thread - RESSURECTED

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wilwoods are great, especially as they only cost £150 posted with new pads from the states!
I can sort the courier send me your details again & I will sort this time!

Grazy, yeah I thought you'd like em ;)
Been on there ages just haven't driven it :lol:
Cookies are a pain to keep shiny though :evil:

Had a few problems with the Tyres rubbingthe arches on the front but
Looks like the Monroe air shocks have sorted that out!
Really need smaller Tyres on the front currently got 185/60s think 175/55s will help as well...

Looking good :)

Loxy said:
4eb793fa.jpg

What is exhaust are you running? Standard Beetle? Love how it looks.

kevinhall said:

Thanks, its getting there slowly :lol:
Yeah its a stock beetle exhaust with taper tips, not sure how long the chrome will last though so might get a set of becker(?) stainless ones from kk.
much quieter than the previous setups ive used & loads more clearance...

Loxy said:
kevinhall said:

Thanks, its getting there slowly :lol:
Yeah its a stock beetle exhaust with taper tips, not sure how long the chrome will last though so might get a set of becker(?) stainless ones from kk.
much quieter than the previous setups ive used & loads more clearance...

I'm sure there was a guy on VZI making and selling stainless tapers a year or so ago - I'll see if I can find the thread for you...

;)

Right it's make or break time.....
Ive booked a Brighton breeze spot & I'm in the EB lineup so....
I actually have to turn up this time (I've got 2 sets of EBI tickets unused in my VW drawer :-( )
Loxy is currently MOTed and road worthy but there are some things I want to do before the breeze:
Finish fitting curtain rails & curtains (should be able to manage that)
6 rib gearbox upgrade, box is currently in bits & needs a few parts to complete.
Maybe some oil cooling, as I like to work her pretty hard...
Polish the paintwork & then wax it.
Refit my rear bumper rather than Haveacampers old one, mine needs welding, straightening and painting.
Fit overriders.
Fit deluxe trim.
& about a million other things!!!

Realistically I'm hoping fitting the curtains happens :lol:

Made it to the Breeze!! (and home) was good to finally meet some EB'ers!!
Curtain rails & curtains fitted, also managed a 12v socket for charging phone & sat nav and a service. So exceeded expectations!
e1ab70bc.jpg

Got a new list of things to sort now....
Front wheel camber is miles out and has badly worn outer edge of front Tyres...(in my haste to leave on Friday I noticed the wear but adjusted the eccentric
Nuts the wrong way......
Wheel caps for rear wheels as the Porsche ones don't fit now I've ditched the adapters all round.
Also got a bit of an oil leak that needs sorting.

Got a "new" door!!
Can't decide if it's the right colour or not years of fading in the US v years of fading and a respray that's been removed has changed them both I guess??
Still it's not got a big dent & full of filler anyway!!!
06803781.jpg

Once again i've let the thread (much like the bus) lapse.....

I have actually done a few things though!
I put the old door back on, I'm just too attached to it!
I've made a stage 1 effort with the polishing machine and also started properly fitting a sound system.

Just trying to keep it in one piece so i can use it when the weather improves :lol:

Start of shiny paint....
20883ce7.jpg

Old door back on!
0ae68c28.jpg

And just to prove I have used it (had 41783 on it when I bought it 6 1/2 years ago)
e85b0c72.jpg

dubscum said:
love the rear bumper and the door 8)

Rear bumper is actually Haveacampers, probably the last bit of his original dormobile "project" that he still owns given that the shell was sold & carted off the other week!!!
Think it will go on his wall when I get mine repaired and refitted 8)

sparkywig said:
:)

Nice to meet you at the "doughnut meet". Are you venturing over to Vanwest?

Hey sparkywig, sorry missed you post before, yeah was good to meet all you guys, will definitely have to do it again!
Vanwest is on my anniversary weekend, so as ideal as that would be for me.... I think the Mrs has other ideas!

Loxy said:
sparkywig said:

Hey sparkywig, sorry missed you post before, yeah was good to meet all you guys, will definitely have to do it again!
Vanwest is on my anniversary weekend, so as ideal as that would be for me.... I think the Mrs has other ideas!

Bristol Volksfest then. ;)

sparkywig said:
Loxy said:
sparkywig said:

Bristol Volksfest then. ;)

Hmmm...
Would like to! Will have to see how work goes!

Latest posts