Loxys mini-resto/arse in gear thread - RESSURECTED

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good....I've seen it in the flesh(or is it metal ?) and it's rock solid and the engine bay...........wow !!!!!!

If you want the lot of get yourself a big 5 litre tub of nitromors and some scrapers from Wilko 99p really slap the stuff on the vehicle, slice through the paint as it softens and work the nitromors in it lifts off in sheets most satisfying .......Don't think your planning on taking the lot off but would have thought in the longer term you may need to having started that's if your planning on painting overt top at some stage and don't want a reaction?...

So whos gonna start a nitro(mors) link then, I wish I'd never heard of it having first done a beetle then a van...

Goodluck with the resto fella nice looking Dormy.

So whos gonna start a nitro(mors) link then, I wish I'd never heard of it having first done a beetle then a van...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice1 Loxy, I was reading a thread on the Samba only today hence the post in General, Im gonna try a can of Graffitti remover as recomended by some1 on that thread, i nitromorsed the door today (yellow tin) as a test but just soaked a cloth and didnt leave it long, maybe try leaving it longer and maybe get a plastic scraper.
Keep the pics coming, i loved the stripped paint look, so cool when polished up 8)

Just

Oh the shame of it.... :oops:
Another year and a half later, another set of unused EBI tickets in the drawer, paint still isn't finished....
She has however been MOTed recently (having only done a nominal mileage since the last one) and is back on the streets with a CE narrowed beam, transporterhaus dropped spindles, porsche 944 front hubs/disks & wilwood calipers and Monroe adjustable air shocks.
In my defence i've been pretty busy at work, lost 5 stone & taken up triathlon in the intervening period, however no more excuses, this is going to be the year that I sort her out properly!! and come next show season use her as intended.
Haveacamper has almost finished 2 restos in the time its taken me to fail on one.....
Pics to follow!

fb072a39.jpg

c93c41fc.jpg

9dfd63bf.jpg

47a30e5c.jpg

01b177ec.jpg

4eb793fa.jpg

Nice to see your van with a new ticket - it's looking great on those Cookie Cutters too!

Also good to hear about the healthy lifestyle - I could do with a bit of that myself :lol: :lol: I did loose ten pounds recently - but it had fallen out of my wallet!! (groan).

;)

Justin & Muttley said:
Nice to see your van with a new ticket - it's looking great on those Cookie Cutters too!

Also good to hear about the healthy lifestyle - I could do with a bit of that myself :lol: :lol: I did loose ten pounds recently - but it had fallen out of my wallet!! (groan).

;)
Hey J&M hope you are keeping well!
I have a terrible admission to make....
Was tidying out the barn in prep for Haveacampers potential buyers of his old bus and found your towbar under the Volvo :oops:
Totally forgot about getting it back to you....
You doing vanfest this year?

The weight loss has been long overdue but I feel all the better for it, not only that but I can fit under the bus more easily without axle stands!

Thanks creationblue for big up as well :D

I didn't want to mention the towbar - it's been a while! I'm still keen to have it back but won't be at VanFest as we're on holiday that week... I'd be happy to pay for a courier if need be :)
Those Willwood calipers look awesome by the way - are they much of an improvement over stock calupers?
;)

Looks real nice Lox , Cookies look so good i could eat em !! :lol:

Also fond of the Yellow lights and Headlight grilles 8)

Latest posts