M codes ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the crewcab kid

Reaction score
Hi .

On a early bay is there only the m code behind the front seat ?
Or is there also one in the engine bay like a late bay , if so where abouts ?

Cheers Dean .

The M code plate is behind the near-side seat on earlies and up to 1977, when it's fitted on the fresh air duct to the left of the fusebox.
Don't know about the engine bay though, or are you talking about the chassis number?

sparkywig said:
The M code plate is behind the near-side seat on earlies and up to 1977, when it's fitted on the fresh air duct to the left of the fusebox.
Don't know about the engine bay though, or are you talking about the chassis number?

Cheers Dude . On my sisters van we have the tag thats behind the passengers seat that is a really long code , it's about 19 digits i think . But we are missing the main one that's normally behind the drivers seat . I was hoping there was another code on the van some where because at dvla they need the 9 digit code for them to register her bus . We do have the foreign log book with this code on . The 9 digit code is with in the long number on the passenger side but
I was just hoping there was another code some where just as more proof .

What year is the van?
1968-71 vans have the chassis number stamped in the engine bay on the right hand side next to the air filter stand.
1972 onwards the chassis number is stamped in the engine bay at the left as you open the engine lid.

If you look at the m-plate, the chassis number is the 7 at the bottom right up to 1969, or the 8 digit number at the top left for a 1970 on van.

also check the dash RHS through the windscreen a pop rivited plate thats the chassis number their after - 69 on I think

sparkywig said:
What year is the van?
1968-71 vans have the chassis number stamped in the engine bay on the right hand side next to the air filter stand.
1972 onwards the chassis number is stamped in the engine bay at the left as you open the engine lid.

If you look at the m-plate, the chassis number is the 7 at the bottom right up to 1969, or the 8 digit number at the top left for a 1970 on van.

Cheers i will take a look in the engine bay .
The van should be a late 67 . I did a m decoder on here and it said december 67 .

Araon said:
also check the dash RHS through the windscreen a pop rivited plate thats the chassis number their after - 69 on I think
Thanks dude will check that out to , But the bus may be to early for that though .

Latest posts