Meet poppy - Updated 20/07/2015 mot'd and back on the road

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marriedblonde said:
After seeming to let my bus just sit and not make much progress I have an engine built and ready to be fitted and I have tunnel tickets to get me to ninove...

I thought I would miss it but I think that I can make it so big push to get my bus finished... I will be at ninove.

Nice one j 8)

Just goes to show that all disasters can be fixed with lots of motivation, time and money! :) Great looking van.

mike202 said:
must have missed something ?

Is there a problem with the new engine?

Jesus I missed this. The engine I bought earlier in this thread didn;t last very long... About 750 miles if I recall.

I have since had a new lump built, 2187cc all singing all dancing. It has just taken a long time to get the electrics sorted out in my bus. But thats all done now.

Today I have driven poppy for the first time in 31 months. She is already to go for an mot which I am hoping I can get one done tomorrow.

ITs been a long long journey to get here. She has fought all the way - 3 new starter motors, new battery, lot of wiring work. Lots of swearing.

But after getting in her and driving her today its all been worthwhile.

Engine spec for my own referrence -

All brand new.

2187 cc
forged crank
mahle forged pistons
straight cut cam gears
h-beam con rods
forged rockers
full flow
Fully balanced
Big valve heads
Scat 35 cam (I think)

Total over kill but means I have somewhere to go in the future should the need for more power arise...

I am running it with twin 40 webber so need to upgrade these in the not to distant future

mike202 said:
Wow -that engine sounds impressive 8)

take your time on any wet roads!

Glad you got it sorted eventually, but as they say your bus is never finished :lol:

Jesus Mike you said it, I've not put all the door cards back in, no stereo, no headlining... The list goes on and on and on... :)

That's a really straight looking van!

Love the 356 wheels as well (unless im wrong?, happens often :D )

Friday was MoT day and Poppy went through with flying colours. No warnings or advisories :)

After that I removed the carbs, stripped, cleaned and rejected them for the new motor. OMG what a difference. Nice and smooth with lots of pulling power.

As it has been almost 3 years since I used poppy for camping the Mrs and I went away saturday

Camping1.JPG

Camping1.JPG

Latest posts