Meet poppy - Updated 20/07/2015 mot'd and back on the road

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marriedblonde

Reaction score
I thought it was about time I posted some pics up of my project.

My 5 year old son named her poppy after our cat that passed away.

I bought poppy from raconsmoot in the US late last year and she arrived at the end of Jan. I set myself a target of getting her usable for Camper Jam... I thought it would be easy... As I dont have a garage I can work on her in, the van fits but not much space around it to do any work, I am kinda governed by the weather.

Anyway I hatched a plan as she was heading over the pond...

The plan went out the window...

So I decided to basically get her in a position that I could make camper jam in something that was habitable... I have since decided that I love her ratty looks as all the bumps and scrapes tell a story. I will get the rear quarters and front end sorted out but the rest stays...

Thanks for looking :)

About to leave the states

69%20vw%20bus%20005.jpg

69%20vw%20bus%20006.jpg

69%20vw%20bus%20007.jpg

Arriving with me - being delivered

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

Went off to be MOT's and I thought I might as well get her lowered:

IMG_2378.jpg

Startng work on her

Stripped

IMG_2339.jpg

New interior going in

IMG_2342.jpg

IMG_2370.jpg

IMG_2494.jpg

IMG_2500.jpg

IMG_2501.jpg

IMG_2503.jpg

Bit of bling...

IMG_2390.jpg

IMG_2502.jpg

New bumpers from no more rusty bits

IMG_2496.jpg

IMG_2510.jpg

General pics

IMG_2493.jpg

IMG_2504.jpg

New shoes

IMG_2473.jpg

before fitting

IMG_2474.jpg

After fitting

IMG_2477.jpg

IMG_2507.jpg

IMG_2508.jpg

My helpers:

IMG_2479.jpg

IMG_2483.jpg

Oh and future plans...

Change th colour of the wheels, I have left them silver as I think I want to go with white but I am hoping for inspiration at camper jam.
MAchine polish the paintwaork, I have had polished parts and it comes up great.
Dsic brakes are a must - just trying to decide who's to get (I fancy a red9 front end...)
Bigger engine, just trying to decide what to go for but something pokey is definately required
Safari rear window wil be purchased before the end of the summer.

J.

Coming along nicely. Really like the custom seat covers and interior panels. Steering wheel rocks too.

Keep it coming. :D

creationblue said:
Looking good james, the interior came out nice 8)

Thank you :) Very plerased with the colours I choose. And PAul at able trim has done a great job on them.

Foolishly I didn't order the cards for the back of the front seats or the sides of the fronts either... Need to get these to finsih it off.

But it is in a usable state for Camper Jam so long as I get the curtains fitted... Job for tomorrow after washing my car.

Marriedblonde said:
myvanway 69 said:
8) Very nice indeed......What have you dun with the rear r&r seat vinyl Have you still got it???? :)

Buddy box will look.... 8)

Unfortunately the interior wasn't really usable so was disposed off...

NO REALLY......you bin the westy interior???? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Got a little more done today, got up early and washed both cars and gave the van a wash. Now realise it leaks like a sieve so it looks like I will be replacing all the seals pretty sharpish...

Half fited the curtain tracks but I am struggling on what to do round the front window. Also need to get a headling in, tried, struggle and gave up yesterday so going to give it to an expert to do but that can wait until after CJ.

Plans for this week will be to work out how to fit my buddy box, finish the curtain tracks and give the engine the once over, new plugs, oil, points etc etc If I get a chance I will give it a going over with the machine polisher to see if I can get some sparkle to the paint.

So this weekend I finished the front end off, hard wired in a fan, my sat nav mount, finished fitting the kichen, screwed and bolted in, fitted the buddy seat and potti, did some of the curtain tracks..

Would have done more today but my Mrs was off on a jolly on the QM2 enjoying lunch with her sister and parents (kindly donated by me, not sure how I pay for the charity auction prize but dont get to enjoy it... ) so had my 5 years old son and 22 month old daughter to contend with. I left then in the van for 2 minutes and my daughter is attacking the stereo with a screw driver...

Some pics:

Kitchen in (my curtains match the cushions BTW - I have discovered my femine side for interior design since getting the van)

IMG_2512.jpg

Buddy seat with potti in, anyone notice the error in this pic... No not the fact I am regretting for not thinking about the cards behind the seat bulk heads... They will come...

IMG_2513.jpg

Got the carpets in.

IMG_2516.jpg

Fitted the standard bay aircon

IMG_2517.jpg

I am very very happy with my purchase :) Very well made and good value for money. It matches the floor colouring perfectly and is a a pretty close match to the rest of the furniture int here. All in all a brilliant purchase.

Just need to figure out how to stop is rolling around...

I was inspired after fitting it, I got my porter cable out and machine polished the van and put a cost of wax on her, just need to do the roof now and it is job done.

Also sorted out the cards for the front seat bulk heads and ordered a correct cushion for the buddy seat with the cream stripe going the right way.

Fingers corssed I get my reg numer through this week so I can give the van a proper shake down ahead of CJ.

Just need to get the headlining fitted and fit the remaing curtain track.

Interior looks great.

I like the buddybox. Have you changed the most important aspect of the bus and replaced the fuel pipe and filter?

Like Marcher mentinoed, you didn't chuck the original interior did you :|

Des

Bus looks 8) J interior looks gr8 nice choice of colour works well on a light colour bus. :)
Funny how you got your steering wheel to match your interior or was it the otherway round. :lol:

Latest posts