Met anyone famous ???

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was on TV catching Andrea Tafi as he crossed the finish line at the Rochester classic cycle race - my job was to make sure he went for his tv interview - poor little Italian guy didnt know what hit him :lol:

Met the athelete Danny Crates
Trained a couple of the current British Paralympic Team members for several years
Alex Higgins trod on my toe
Was on John Cravens Newsround in the very early eighties and met the reporter
Met the Worlds Robotics Dance champion in 1984

:)

A bit like Graham L on this one as I have met tons of famous doods from my band days, but will give it a good list for ya as it will stir up some memories! here we go....(takes deep Breath!)

Got asked out by Daniella westbrook! (said no of course as she was grim as hell!)
Used to go out with Keith Richards daughter
went out with Beki the bassit from Chaos Uk
Best mates with Chaos Uk doods.
Got asked back to a hotel by Brian Molko from placebos sister
Spent a weekend with NOFX...twice
Had a smoke with Rancids guitar tech
Had a beer with The Offspring and then joined in a slap each other round the face competion with Morat from kerrang and fat mike :mrgreen:
Met Kat Von D and have a few emails from her in my inbox ;)
Drunk Champagne with Bjork whilst stumbling around Glastonbury
Got mistaken for a dude out of slipknot backstage at reading festival when me and a few of my band were smashing an acoustic guitar up over a table, whilst Jo Whiley was live on air.
Told Jack Osbourne to fuck off when he was chucking stuff at people
Had a game of pool with Bill Bailey and Mark Lamar
Met, Radiohead, Emf, Madness, The Selector, Bad Manners, Gold Blade when I supported them.
Met Keith Allen when he supported me!
Been round Tony Robinsons house a few times and used to know his daughter.
Met JLC loads around Bristol
Met Ian Mackaye from Fugazi/Minor Threat when my mates band supported them.
Had a curry bought for me by Jello Biafra! and we ate it whilst watching youve been framed!
Had a funny voice competion with 3 colours red and ginger from the wild hearts, and i won!

thats will do for now ;)

Stood in a queue for the gents at a Black Sabbath concert(original lineup at Birmingham) along side Robert Plant.He was talking about lower league football...seemed like a nice guy.

Good work Easy
I've met a few on my travels too here goes
Rod Stewart Billy Connelly all in Seville when Celtic played
Paul Weller thrice Brixton Academy,Bridlington Spa,Newcastle City Hall
John Power Esso garage liverpool the La's & Cast he has an Early Bay
Graeme Souness Goldbergs Edinburgh
Rolf Harris B&Q Maidenhead
Harry Redknapp Malmaison Liverpool
Fernando Torres Sainsburys Woolton Liverpool
My favourite was Jimmy White met him on a plane to Dusseldorf with
James Wattana on there way to play in the german open ended uo
going on the piss for 24hrs top man

if anyones in to bmx iv rode with
steven murray
martin murray
jamie bestwick
dennis mccoy
and the main man himself matt hoffman
plus many many more :D :D

easy said:
Had a curry bought for me by Jello Biafra! and we ate it whilst watching youve been framed!

These made me weap!!!! :cry: ;) Legends - both!

buddysbuddy said:
easy said:

These made me weap!!!! :cry: ;) Legends - both!

They both are really cool guys, Jello rocks indeed! we went to a skate park together and watched my cousins band play in the quarter pipe! punk rock stylee ;)

Jeez Ez :lol: ,
You've met some of my favourite bands. I love my punk rock and am well into NOFX and Offspring, saw NOFX in Brum earlier this year (april I think). Kat Von D's pretty hot too.
If you'd met Blink 182 I'd have been super jealous, they're my favourite band :mrgreen: just stoked that they got back together, maybe I can get to see them again.
Sounds like Rage are going to tour the UK too :mrgreen:

Now if we did a list of bands seen live, I'd be fine ;)

i know one of the first guitarists from the exploited. :) alot of people in the vdub scene also know him :) (he now says he's the one who got ... exploited LOL)

fastfred said:
i know one of the first guitarists from the exploited. :) alot of people in the vdub scene also know him :) (he now says he's the one who got ... exploited LOL)

:lol: He looks more like Iggy Pop though! :mrgreen:

Ive met/seen quite a few. The biggest 'haul' was when I moonlighted at the Cheltenham Gold Cup Festival and 'waited' in a private box for Gary Newboum(?). He had Ron Atkinson, Frank Warren and Andy Gray in there as guests and I was their food and drink bitch for the day.

'Big Ron' was a generous nice guy - this was before he was outed as a racist twunt. Frank Warren was polite and charming - but pretty scarey. Andy Gray had been a schoolboy hero of mine during his time at Wolves (1980 League Cup Final goal scorer) and crushed my opinion of him as he was a greedy, rude, big headed prick. All in my personal opinion, of course. :mrgreen:

:p Almost forgot was jogging down Santa Monica beach,saw a big crowd so went over and The OffSpring were making the video to original prankster,it was all lowriders and hotties,good timing id say !! :p

Any mountain bikers around here ?

I did a mountain bike ride with Hans Ray and raced in a different class of course with Tinker Juarez.

Did some resto work on Paul McCartneys windmill. Made a brew had a chat just another ordinary person really?? :D

Latest posts