Microwaves

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Killaybay

Reaction score
Anyone got a microwave in their bus? Freestanding? Built in? Any issues?

Is this what people who own 'microbuses' do to each other when they pass on the road?!

Sorry, someone will be along who can actually help I'm sure :oops:

If it doesn't do toast, make a brew or BBQ it won't find its way on to my bus. Sorry. :cry:

Olly the Ozbus said:
Is this what people who own 'microbuses' do to each other when they pass on the road?!

:lol: :lol:

A Microwave???? You have got to be kidding :lol: :lol:

Next you will be telling me you have a barbecue in the back garden using an extension lead and a microwave...

(I think you may find the power consumption may be more than whats available on many campsites)

I've got a small freestanding microwave designed for motorhomes that I use on hook-up no problem. Will have a look at make / model a bit later. Nothing flash but works a treat - quite heavy but not big.

I was just about to go on concerning power and current draw of 4A for a 900W one and the rating of breakers onsite of 6A with 20% tolerance e.t.c. when I googled and found out you can get 12v microwaves :shock: - I only ever use mine in the house for heating milk for the children, it's going when my 3rd gives up milk and I can get 25% of my kitchen surface back :D

If it's for milk I heat it on the hob then stick it in a thermos for overnight feeds.....other than that hadn't considered a microwave camping, getting a 3 way fridge is higher up my list of priorities so sorry can't help!

I used a microwave in the caravan throughout France, Italy, Germany and Austria for 6 months and never had a problem with the power on any campsites. The only thing that would occassionaly trip the power was the electric kettle and that was only on one dodgy Italian campsite.

aspro said:
I used a microwave in the caravan throughout France, Italy, Germany and Austria for 6 months and never had a problem with the power on any campsites. The only thing that would occassionaly trip the power was the electric kettle and that was only on one dodgy Italian campsite.

interesting - maybe you use posh sites - I still regularly stay at sites that have a 2 amp "de click" cut out - including the main site at Florence.

Trikky2 said:
aspro said:

interesting - maybe you use posh sites - I still regularly stay at sites that have a 2 amp "de click" cut out - including the main site at Florence.

:lol: We really never had any problems. Most sites should have a 6 AMP minimum, apart from the tight arse Italians who can split a single power outlet 4 times and run 230V cables through trees.

We also stayed at camping Internationale in Florence and had no problems there either. :)

Hi - the compact microwave I have and mentioned above is a Samsung M308. Not sure it's a current model but see there's one for sale on Gumtree for £15! Well worth it if it is big enough for what you want

I have one in my old 77 Revcon Motorhome, but I found these !!
http://www.my12voltstore.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=microwave+oven&Search.x=37&Search.y=13" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks for all your help guys, will be getting a small combi one and putting it next to the jacuzzi and pool table :D

Killaybay said:
Thanks for all your help guys, will be getting a small combi one and putting it next to the jacuzzi and pool table :D

Wont that block the ball return ramp on the tenpin?

Latest posts