MMMmmmheating

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hodgins

Reaction score
Well chuffed! Finally have heating in an a/c after a decade of braving it through the winter. Soooooohappy. I went with the diesel d2. Pretty simple to fit and now fires staright into the original heating system. Toasty. Just needed to share the wonderment really :D :D :D

Have also now insulated and new panels, rotten wood off units replaced too.

That sounds toasty mate.

Do you have any pics of your setup? Will be looking to do something similar over the next few months.

Mat

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

whats wrong with the standard heating??

Hodgins said:
Well chuffed! Finally have heating in an a/c after a decade of braving it through the winter. Soooooohappy. I went with the diesel d2. Pretty simple to fit and now fires staright into the original heating system. Toasty. Just needed to share the wonderment really :D :D :D

Have also now insulated and new panels, rotten wood off units replaced too.

where have you installed the heater?

I've had one for about 10 years in a box!! i got it working on 12v as it is 24v but haven't got round to fitting yet. maybe its a job to do before Ninove.

Under the buddy seat and Graham just ask Jill how cold it was in 2012 post Roxy. Now really toasty when your parked !

Graham L said:
whats wrong with the standard heating??

Nothing as long as you're moving along... and preferably at a fair pace, as the fan is connected to the engine... But at idle it's not amazing, and when you're parked up you don't really want to run the engine just to get warm. Fitting a B1L to the bug at the moment... Got myself a keyfob & switch, so hopefully I'll be able to press a button while I make my breakfast, then come out to a lovely toasty, demisted car :)

I've fitted it between the chassis rails underneath just behind the first top hat section that has the jacking points on it.

It's got a temporary tank using a go kart one for the moment until I have the ££ to get a custom tank made as I want it discreetly underneath and not hanging down or in view.

The original heating is fine if you're driving, but it was more cost effective to get the D2 for moving and parked up camping heating in one go.

Go on Radish, you won't regret it!

And here's the pics. Nothing pretty, but it works

It now has a cover over to protect it from road debris etc

Latest posts