Mot day

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave.P

Reaction score
Mot day today !
I'm waiting anxiously for the call to give me the good or bad news.. :?
The suspense is bleeding killing me ,fingers arms and legs crossed :lol:

Best of Luck Squirt!

Hope your bus passes with flying colors!

All the best and let us know what they looked at specifically, hoping it's an old school tester.

I hate MOTs'. Over the last 30 ish years I've taken more vehicles (mine, family, customers) for the test than I care to remember, each and every one being an awful experience! Have I missed something?, what mood is the tester in?, how desperate is it that the vehicle is on the road?, something a bit marginal, will he let it go? , etc, etc.
No, I dread every visit even though now using 'a good old boy' who lives in the real world!
Good luck fella, let us know how it goes, bbrrrrrr, shiver just gone down my spine :lol:

Pete B said:
I hate MOTs'. Over the last 30 ish years I've taken more vehicles (mine, family, customers) for the test than I care to remember, each and every one being an awful experience! Have I missed something?, what mood is the tester in?, how desperate is it that the vehicle is on the road?, something a bit marginal, will he let it go? , etc, etc.
No, I dread every visit even though now using 'a good old boy' who lives in the real world!
Good luck fella, let us know how it goes, bbrrrrrr, shiver just gone down my spine :lol:

Ditto!

took mine on sat for MOT and waited for it, worse than being at the dentist, waiting the hr seemed to go so slow and when i looked the tester seemed to be taking ages checking over front axle,
passed with only advisorys on rear wheel bearings and 'oil leak'

how'd yours get on?

Just got him home..

With a nice new certificate ! :mrgreen: well chuffed !

Plenty of advisories and a long chat about how mines not as bad underneath as most he tests haha think it pays off being in a garage, just needs to be used more. 1200 miles since last test, which is more than I thought.
Bodywork looks awful now, but he knows ill sort it all out eventually as we've known each other for years and is an old school tester.

One happy Dave.

70-CA-Panel said:
Best of Luck Squirt!

Hope your bus passes with flying colors!

All the best and let us know what they looked at specifically, hoping it's an old school tester.

Cheers bud,it almost did ... The main issue with mine, being a uk bus restored badly many years ago is rust . Everything else has been done over the last 5 failed mot'd :lol:
He knows I'm just scraping it through every year and having it patched up till I have time to gut it and do it properly when I have more time on my hands.

Toad said:
Always best to stay with your van while they test it if you can...they can point things out and talk things thro with you then
I do usually as I like to be able to have a good look and a laugh :lol:

Lee C said:
& that way, you get to distract them when they get near an iffy bit too!!!! :lol:
Id Be real busy doing that haha
Pete B said:
Cheers mate, I couldn't agree more !

dodge6x6 said:
took mine on sat for MOT and waited for it, worse than being at the dentist,
passed with only advisorys on rear wheel bearings and 'oil leak'
:lol: I think the oil leak one is on all my past tickets!

Still wouldn't part with him though ! :)

Latest posts