My 1969 Deluxe

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Supertramp

Reaction score
I didn't even know I had a dream bus, but as soon as I saw her, I knew she was the one.
Original owner from new. Original paint. Original interior.

Introducing, my 1969 Deluxe Microbus, Grace.

vavra01.jpg

vavra14.jpg

vavra12.jpg

vavra09.jpg

vavra10.jpg

vavra06.jpg

She will be on her way to the UK over the next few weeks.
I cannot wait.

kateagries said:
Great bus! Will you just give it a polish up and leave the rest how it is?

:eek:

Kate

I think so.
We may send her to have any dents ironed out, but want to try and preserve as much OG paint as possible, and avoid any filler, so not sure who to use yet.

But pretty much a clean and a polish.

VanillaBear said:
kateagries said:
Great bus! Will you just give it a polish up and leave the rest how it is?

:eek:

Kate

I think so.
We may send her to have any dents ironed out, but want to try and preserve as much OG paint as possible, and avoid any filler, so not sure who to use yet.

But pretty much a clean and a polish.

Glad to hear that :D

Thought I'd revive this thread to update you all.
As you can see I posted this in September, the bus arrived safe and sound in December (major credit to Kingstown shipping, they were excellent, as a first time importer/buyer I was truly impressed).
The weather was atrocious over winter so she went straight into storage. I've not actually seen her properly in daylight yet, due to being at university.
However, my final exam of my degree is on Friday and then I'll be heading home to work on her over the summer. My dad has already done bits and bobs (he's crafty and wants her all for himself). MOT booked for next week then we can get her back onto the drive and start working out where to go from there.

Want to give her a big run out somewhere then a roadtrip around the UK this summer while I'm off.
I'll update with loads of pictures on Friday when I get home.

Gorgeous bus. What a find! Please don't get rid of the little dents and dings, they are all part of it's character and history. Just need a good waxing to protect them : )

Yep I think we may just leave everything as it is.
And there is absolutely no rust anywhere, the original owner kept the bus in immaculate condition.

Glad to here it :) have fun with Grace. She could be a distant cousin to our Rosie, also from the states, sunny California! ; )

bcdc883e-b3f2-4b3f.jpg

Ok got back from university last night and today headed to the garage to pull her out and take a few more pictures. Nice to see her in daylight.

img1654f.jpg

bd5dfc676685788eecceb4b85653f28a.jpg

800bff716e16c7d6557f47acd79bc8f8.jpg

img1656tv.jpg

img1658k.jpg

ab327a5ac43fb81071f0cf0a1e0fc731.jpg

Sorry for so many pictures, but as you can see, no rot to be found!
Can't wait to finish everything and get driving.

amazing bus - so original 8)

Bet you can't wait to get it out on the road!

That's MINT!!!!!
Love the colour, the interior everything about it!!!!!!

Is there much work to do?
Good machine polish n waxoyl the underneath???

Lee C said:
That's MINT!!!!!
Love the colour, the interior everything about it!!!!!!

Is there much work to do?
Good machine polish n waxoyl the underneath???

Thank you. Original owner kept it in immaculate condition.
Next to no work really, just the MOT stuff (UK spec lights is all it failed on) and replace some of the window seals, that's all really that is needed before it can hit the roads.
As for extras, I think we'll put a new flooring in (woven carpet/mats in the cab, not sure about the back yet, possibly tiles) have the headliner repaired as there is one rip, and have the seat covers cleaned and repaired.
Oh and yes have it waxoyled and a good clean :D

Latest posts