My 1970 Westfalia so67 tourist

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scott,

no pop top decided to do lift off on offside at 65-70 so a few bungee's did the trick and it got bloody chili when it lifted i tell ya, so more invest work there needed..

easy

ya have me beat on your comment re the bumper damm need more sleep

:?

58herbie said:
Scott,

no pop top decided to do lift off on offside at 65-70 so a few bungee's did the trick and it got bloody chili when it lifted i tell ya, so more invest work there needed..

:shock: That must have been a bit scary dude!

got this to help me fit interior in to make sure i get it right lol

100_0651.jpg

100_0650.jpg

wheeled this ol' fella out today so that i can get into loft in garage to get the new Rhd lights for the westy so thought i would snap a couple of pics of the two of them whilst it was dry.

Herb's been a 3 year project so far and think i can see light at the end of the tunnel now..

100_0691.jpg

100_0690.jpg

8)

i finally managed to start some work on the van today, weather held off after lunchtime,

The Belly pans where looking a bit suspect, so i decided to cut them off for further inspection.

100_0692.jpg

100_0693.jpg

100_0695.jpg

new outriggers and jacking points needed on nearside.

Then i turned round to see i need new inner and middle sills, ah well little bit more welding..

100_0694.jpg

100_0696.jpg

also little bit of tophat required and a small repair plate just to close of sill at front wheel arch

100_0697.jpg

Nice to see both Herbie and your bus Jon - If Herbie is anything to go by the bus is going to be great!

A bit sick about the clock!!

If you needs any help with the wiring - I have a great looking loom arriving soon I could let go of the old one if you're desperate? :lol: :lol:

Guess what :

P1090067.jpg

same month!

Panalvan's is the same month as well, don't know his chassis no. though.

Look fwd to seeing progress..

Thanks for the offer of the loom Will, but think i will pass on that i have sweet talked the guy to make a new one, oh hang on thats me, lol cracking up here pulling my wire, got hold of Dave Rosee today, got to shot some pics and measurements to him for the headliner.

Here are some updates on the van,

from this ..

100_0697.jpg

to this

100_0754.jpg

and this

100_0692.jpg

100_0694.jpg

to...

100_0755.jpg

100_0758.jpg

100_0759.jpg

now working on off side, this is getting same treatment, and then all the chassis and floor is being rubbed down and spayed with etch and then colour painted to match body..

Have not deciced on beam etc yet what to do there.

Looking good Jon, Hopefully we'll get to meet up at some show's with the buses later in the year :wink: