My 1970 Westfalia so67 tourist

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
58herbie said:
this i think

Light grey 58-79 L345

Is that same colour as mine ???

100_0757.jpg
[/img]

here is an update on the van, not been able t get on it lately with one thing and another. (well the last 4 month's) but its all out now, even more so now the damm beam is off..

100_0959.jpg

100_0960.jpg

more tomorrow

look even Vw got runs in their paint, this is still in its first paint.

:wink:

Johnny said:
looks like youve spent lots of time getting that clean :D nice job.

not really johnny,

there has been no underseal on this van anywhere, so preping the wheel arches for paint is a doddle really, although its all by hand....where's the hand cream!!

hopefully primmer it in a while.

then it will be 1 down 3 to go

58herbie said:
not really johnny,

there has been no underseal on this van anywhere, so preping the wheel arches for paint is a doddle really, although its all by hand....where's the hand cream!!

your very lucky! underseal is the bane of my life atm :( bloody stuff is everywhere.

The red light is for a Brake light warning circuit, Basically checks the wiring to the switches on the master cylnder and then upto and inc the bulbs at the rear.. but most have been disconnected by now due to getting the correct switches for the master cylinder (3 pin- not 2 )

although i am going to try to get mine going again.. :roll: :roll:

well first inner wing is now primmerd and i am now ready to progress on to next section.

here is how it turned out..

100_0962.jpg

100_0961.jpg

100_0963.jpg

just needs final flat before top coat but thats a while off as i want to primmer the rest first..

:D :D :wink:

Looking really nice Jon, Loving the arches... and your clock 8)

What's the color going to be?

Cheers,

back on with it tomorrow, last loom finished so now full on time with the bus and try to finish for VANFEST..

Jon.

like that! nice find chap :mrgreen:

update on the Westy,

this is the underside of the van now..

02032009226.jpg

02032009222.jpg

will be slowly piecing it back together to sell , sorry for the bad pics only had my phone.

Jon