My 1970 Westfalia so67 tourist

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

58herbie

Reaction score
As promised pics of the westy,

Taken at the Docks with Jabbo,

100_0626.jpg

100_0627.jpg

also being collected at the docks,

100_0624.jpg

very tempted to swap for the westy,

and this just sat about

100_0625.jpg

right off outside now to play with the new toy and sort out whats there and see whats needed

will take more pics and update later

cheers

jon

I so want that porsche, looked pretty good from where I was. Mind you, the red 70 Westy wasn't bad either. :lol:

Westy is cool mate and that Porker is OK too

Keep us posted with pix mate 8)

cheers guy's

got the missus coming out in a min to give it a wash off, got to make her ern her keep

then try the polisher see how it comes up

then its piccy time

jabbo said:
I so want that porsche, looked pretty good from where I was. Mind you, the red 70 Westy wasn't bad either. :lol:

shot dood! that is so true I LOVE that porsche! I wonder if santa will stretch that far? :wink:

58 Herbie ace bus there fella, bet your excited as now 8)

plans for the westy are polish up paint thats there, weld up the couple of small holes on nearside front wheel arch bulk head panel, restore furniture but revamp with a few modern tweks, maybe hit with lowering stick a little, stock rims.deluxe trim, and use like mad..

keep the stock 1600 single port as it pulled 65-70mph all the way home with no probs and more to go

jon

oh and plans for the missus are put her up for sale to raise funds for the bus

so 1 good wife for sale, good at cleaning,washing, not bad at cooking,shopping, into Vdubs..what more could u ask..

offers

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Could I part ex mine no good at cooking, cleaning at a push, no problems shopping or at least spending, vdubs so so.....

just going through some books found in the van and there is a receipt for a new engine being built to order and other work totalin $4300 roughly £2100

guess i done all right

in fact im chuffed as it drove home a treat.

jon

Looks like a nice van you have got there - well done and keep the pics a coming 8)

here are some shots taken today, interior seems to be all there but previous owner removed it to restore it but never got round to it before selling it to us.

100_0628.jpg

100_0629.jpg

100_0630.jpg

this dent may come out or may stay in for a bit of character

100_0631.jpg

100_0635.jpg

front wheel arch

100_0634.jpg

100_0632.jpg

one little bit needing welding on nearside front bulkhead/wheel arch panel
100_0633.jpg

his £2000 engine that has done less than 10k miles with reg service
100_0636.jpg

interior here but needs tlc

100_0643.jpg

100_0641.jpg

100_0647.jpg

note spare front bumper in deal as one on bus has dent on corner (bonus)

100_0646.jpg

cargo floor is all like this

has anyone ever come across this westy fabric before is red in colour and plastic feel to it..

100_0645.jpg

100_0644.jpg

this seems to be original as rock&roll bed is the same

hope this wets the appertite for now

will keep u updated as we go along

Jon

very nice

think the vanity mirror on visor was a factory fit accessory I just bought a pair recently too ...

Basket weave vinyl on the westy interior I've not seen it before not to say it wasnt an order specific variation....someone should be able to help you but I suspect it was later...but looks in good order and looks nicer IMO....

58herbie said:
interior here but needs tlc

100_0643.jpg

Jon, I don't think you've fitted that interior right, looks a bit too 'cluttered' for my liking. :lol:

I'm guessing the pop top catch didn't hold out properly judging by all the bungee cords?

There is a good chance that that bumper is a little of the mounts aswell :p

Latest posts