my 1971 danburyfalia pop top project

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds good buddy!

I was wondering as knowing you, you would want it perfect and after seeing some of my bus's old glass with all the scratches on, I wondered if you had the same / where you would get new ones from.

I'm going for heated too - although might be a while before I can afford it.

I went to see my bus last night at the Dubs and Classics workshop as we needed to flip it over the other way. Two of the threads on the adapter bolts sheered, but looking at it I don't think they NEED to be wheel bolts, so I am going to replace all of the bolts on the adapters with fresh generic M10s, new washers and nuts - so should be all good when I give the rollers back :mrgreen:

cheers. i am surprised you hadnt knocked the og bolts out of them before use as they are a chevy pattern adapter so assumed they would have been imperial thread. dont worry about the bolts if you dont have to. i will drill the adapters out when i get them back and fit some chunky bolts. i sold my old bit of glass on ebay for a quid as it was too good to lob but didnt fit in with my plans. i need to get back on with bus related bits as i havent done anything for ages :( .

No worries Ande - it's the least I can do.

I will get some decent bolts / washers / nuts etc so you have the choice to use it as it is or modify it when you get it back 8)

went away last week to norfolk for the first full week camping. only done three day stretches before but it went well, mostly due to this

DSC00427.jpg

DSC00426.jpg

DSC00436.jpg

the jk mansion :D

whilst away i got a text from nelly :D

more progress

2011-05-28_165025_4.jpg

2011-05-31_102129.jpg

:D

Does the tent come with its own portcullis?? :lol:

Van work is moving forward which is always good 8)

yes mate it is a bit of a castle :D plenty of room but probably only use both on long trips. back to one next weekend for stopover.

Nelly texted me earlier. progress on the roof again today buy no pics yet due to his phone battery. its all getting very exiting :D

been very hectic the last few weeks holidaying work etc which has put the side project on a bit of a back burner. this weekend however i decided to pull my finger out and give myself some serious back ache

DSC00451.jpg

DSC00452.jpg

DSC00454.jpg

DSC00457.jpg

DSC00459.jpg

DSC00458.jpg

filled an 8 yard skip and probably need another two. the i can concetrate on planning the new floor before the bus gets back.

great to see some progress of late, looking good. Funny I nearly did my bus in a similar colour. In fact mine was supposed to be more grey and came out slightly blue-ish, love it though. You must be excited the big fit can't be too far away?

Just got back from my hols and managed to get a days work in on Andy's bus yesterday,
The roofs not to bad considering it's two cut'n'shut together ;)
009-1.jpg

008-2.jpg

007-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

002-3.jpg

Next w/end i'll start on the prep work :)

ps. if you ever wanted a true test for your newly rebuilt porsche box,, those slicks are the one. the grip form those boys will have your front wheels in the air in no time.

no sunroof dude. just a bloody big hole. not a lot of van progress of late but have been graftin on the workshop

and as a bit of a side project bought these bad boys

DSC00463.jpg

DSC00462.jpg

6 x 16 fuchs

i won a fully polished set on ebay but the guy shafted me saying they had been stolen, so i have decided to make my own set one rim at a time. two down. two to go. :D

Sorry Andy been a real busy month with refitting my engine, photo shoot etc,
Got mapping with Bob Rawle today then back on with your bus tomorrow mate ;-)

no worries here nelly, my workshop floor is about a foot lower than where it should be at the mo so my bus is currently homeless :D

take plenty of pics dude :D

hope the mapping goes well

This is how the day started,
002-4.jpg

008-3.jpg

009-2.jpg

009-2.jpg

007-2.jpg

003-2.jpg

011.jpg

014-1.jpg

010.jpg