My 1971 Deluxe from the boys at Kieft en Klok

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the swivel base is painted.

azu2ytar.jpg

And fitted, plus seat belt fitted, trim cut and glued back into place really pleased. Run out of time to get the seat in as bolts where slightly long so need to cut down as catches the trim.

eba3ery2.jpg

Seat belt

e2yzyqes.jpg

Getting there now, just the fire boy to go in the engine bay, brakes, spring plates and rear dampers. Waiting on bumpers!!!

Brakes all done seat is in...leaving the spring plates & dampers unless I really get the urge. Would be a good idea to do a rear overhaul at the same time is drums got to come off, get some new bearings.

nunu4ezy.jpg

Without rubber gator fitted.

yqyre3ar.jpg

MOT one day this week, I contacted my usual tester and he mentioned bumpers are required, others have said not needed. Anyone any experience?

On countdown now!!!

Number plater bracket made, plate fitted don't need bumpers fitted for MOT. Sliding door rails to fit a few minor bits then should be good to go...

myhy7usu.jpg

Fire boy fitted,

9asame3a.jpg

AGC said:
good luck today..... Sure that all your hard work will be justly rewarded
Thanks bud, you were pipped at the post for the bumper rubbers, waiting for a reply to my PM your 2nd place. I'll let you know if other buyer pulls!!! Regards Ben

ground hugger said:
very nice 8) you've done a good job fella

Thanks buddy!! [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

It's been the work of many, I can put my name to the decisions made and engine build.

Really pleased with it so far still got under the skin things to do yet, sounds, leisure electrics, heating but aesthetically it's finished, bumpers & over-riders in paint this weekend to fit +48hrs of paint!!!

Roll on next Friday, if all goes well during running in the motor.... ;)

Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssss get in there!!!

Happy happy happy, last MOT 26/6/2007 now with a big fat 12 months!!!!

ta4u5yvy.jpg

Outside getting wet, loving the rain!!!

a2ahager.jpg

One rear wheel bearing to tighten, rear end overhaul on return from VoWo.......

You cannot wipe this grin from my face :)

Only just seen your build thread. I've only read since last October but love it. Very well done. It can be a long hard journey but your bus is looking sweet and looks like you'll be having some fun in 2014!

Will go to the start now

Nigel

Can not believe how hard Whanty has worked to get my bumpers in paint. He text me at 01:08 this morning after getting home. Then working all day today on his birthday.
No words, massive respect he is relentless and I am so happy he has done my bus!!!

u4yja7u6.jpg

9a6y2upa.jpg

pezasesy.jpg

adydy2u5.jpg

Eternally grateful Mr Whant, happy birthday.

Can't believe it!!!! Gutted spun big end shell no4. Engine stopped dead from tick over!! Unable to turn by hand...This was early afternoon!!
By 18:00 thanks to some help from Nick got it apart to find this

qahe2eza.jpg

Then some remains

ebe3y6y5.jpg

ga4unyra.jpg

Now on the hunt for replacement parts!!

e7ynutuq.jpg

In a way. Glad it happened on my drive, need to get cracking now. I could scream but move on and attempt to get it sorted by Friday!!! Big ask but got to try!! ;)

Well can't sleep so I thought it's been a while since being on here. So here goes!!

It's been a long hard slog however with the help of some fantastic friends, you know who you are !!! Billybob is back on the road, just in time for Camperjam. It'll be on the Airteriors trade stand so come and say hello.

Fitted the engine for the third time on Friday and took it out for a spin Friday evening.
Decided to up the capacity a little as my case was already clearanced, every cloud!! ;)

So now running a 1904cc - 74mm DPR crank full balanced etc... From Stateside. Really pleased, hopefully getting it tuned this week still got lots to do, still running the 34's may change to something bigger but will leave that for now!!

Hopefully bumpers going on today which I'm really looking forward to as this will transform the look totally.

Haven't got any new photos as yet but will put some up.

Really looking forward to Camperjam heard some great reports, never been and it's our first camping outing for over 7 years and Finnians first!!! Should be an experience with 3 of use in a tintop especially as the missus is 6months pregnant!!!

Latest posts