My 1971 Deluxe from the boys at Kieft en Klok

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great weekend, got a tad wet packing up and journey home was relentless on the M5. That's the last trip as a family of three, stayed in Lobb Fields just a mile from Braunton, great site top field on what's called the plateaux. Always good to pitch up next to some other Earlybays (thanks guys kept Finn busy) especially to pinch a hammer to whack the pegs in.... They need some hitting too, ground was full of rock but great drainage.

Finnian absolutely loved it. Anyway here's some pics, also of Big Sunday which was a superb 1 day show.

Good to speak to you and your family Matt even if you where in your t5, hope you get your bus sorted soon dude!! ;)

Selfie - Before we took off

yra4apaj.jpg

Pitched up

yzyzutyb.jpg

zuna5a7e.jpg

tu3a4yjy.jpg

2e6ahyna.jpg

gama3y2a.jpg

y2abyhu3.jpg

y4yhedyh.jpg

8adaqe6e.jpg

me3yja2y.jpg

equ5ate5.jpg

2yrenydy.jpg

ehujujar.jpg

7e3edu5y.jpg

ysysure6.jpg

uqe4u5yn.jpg

Croyde

bu6ade3a.jpg

Saunton Sands

uhedusag.jpg

Bedtime

y4avady8.jpg

Will definitely like to go longer next year.

Stoked!!!

Got a shoot on Saturday for Camper & Bus this weekend then off to Busfest for Sunday. Very busy weekend ahead... Looking forward to it though hope the sun holds out!!

Bay-low71 said:
Stoked!!!

Got a shoot on Saturday for Camper & Bus this weekend then off to Busfest for Sunday. Very busy weekend ahead... Looking forward to it though hope the sun holds out!!
Result 8) :mrgreen:

That's awesome, well deserved too, stunning bus!!!...Lovely to meet you & your family the other weekend in Croyde, I can still taste that Lemon Drizzle cake :)

Jay71 said:
That's awesome, well deserved too, stunning bus!!!...Lovely to meet you & your family the other weekend in Croyde, I can still taste that Lemon Drizzle cake :)

Ha ha thanks Jay, yeah ditto it's great to have some welcoming neighbours and to go all the way to Devon and pitch up with fellow welsh, Newport boys was nuts. Finnian loved the company buddy. If we go next year we'll have the Great Welsh bake off!! ;) Ben

All cleaned and polished ready for the shoot, hoping the sun stays shining.

Looking forward to Busfest 2mo going into show & shine, come say hello if I'm around !!!

Got some goodies for the winter upgrades, Twin 40 Dell's had to wait until funds allow to purchase these but got the carbs from Stateside at Busfest now got the rest. Can't wait to get it all swapped!!!

4etupy8y.jpg

Also got new stereo, split charge, zig and other electrics to sort as well as the heating and design some blinds for windows going down the popper route like my old T25 LLE had. Still no baby no.2 !! 12days to go!!!

Mate

Just read through your build and wow what a bus!

Mine is currently undergoing a slow started resto and aiming to have it painted light grey with what ive seen of your bus that's my mind made up

Hopefully see it in the flesh sometime next year

Karl.

Many thanks Karl, it's been a long slog but lots of help and had real great businesses working on my bus 2. It's been great to get some use out of it before the winter.

Will be at a few shows next year I hope, also planning on going to Euro buggin 2 !! Can't wait!!

If you ever see me come and say hello bud ;) !!

First time in a while that I got some time on the bus, great help from Mr Channing! Thanks butt!!

Electrics and sounds almost finished, twin 40's fitted fuel line plumbing to do & linkage. Spring plates, shocks and heating. Also Gas system to sort, hell of a list but progress is progress.

Don't get much time with new edition another boy Elias, Finnian is chuffed as nuts to have brother.

Congrats on the new addition to the family. :p :p
Well deserved on the photo shoot and cover too, nice.
Engine looking very snazzy also.

J & P
:D :D :D

Many thanks all, it really has been a massive journey full of highs and lows. However it's been great to get the recognition after all the work that gone into him over the years. I couldn't of done it without the help of a lot of people, friends, businesses all of which I'm very grateful. I will never do this again so glad I started it before my children come along.
Eventually all being well it'll be over to the boys to fight over, once I'm done with him. That shouldn't be anytime soon. Looking forward to the new season, including a Euro trip to EBI.....tickets all booked and the euro tunnel on the Thursday evening.

Latest posts