My 1972 Dormobile

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great work! Cool bus you have there.

I had simular prob when I put the dropped spindles on, GSF supplied Beetle bearing seals :evil:

CB

Cheers :D .

Should be on our club stand (RDK) at Stanford Hall. Can't wait to come by & see the earlybay line up. Lets hope we get some more sunshine.

The van's now had it's first long run without too much drama. Went down to Newquay for RTTS last Wednesday night after a frantic day on Tuesday changing the dynamo :shock: . The van was dragged out the garage on Monday night to load up only for us to find the dynamo had given up on us. Tuesday was not the best day as I had a job interview & a funeral to attend (as well as it being my b/day), so had to try and fit changing the dynamo in between everything. Got it finished Wednesday morning & headed off to Newquay after work :D . It was a 700 mile round trip & I'm glad to say all is well (touch wood). Might even take it across the channel next summer if it carry's on like this.

Made a start on things today ready for the new season :D . Decided to tart up the new tin ware with a fresh lick of paint ready to fit it over the weekend while the engines out. Might even give the engine bay some fresh paint if i Have time :D

tin001.jpg

Hi, Did you find out what colour(paint code) this is? as i would like to get my dormobile painted in the same colour. Thanks

It looks like turkis to me if you do a search for dormobile pics please there is a bus the same colour hope that helps

It's not turkis but it is very similar.

It's going in for a respray at the end of Feb so hopefully the bodyshop will work out what it is. Can't wait the get it looking spot on for 2010

vwcamper said:
Let me know the colour code when you get it sprayed

It's booked into http://www.ikustoms.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; on the 23rd Feb so i'll let you know when I find out

Finally got my finger out & started to strip the van, what have I started :lol: .

Bit tight for space but managed to strip out the interior & made a start on the outside.

Need to wait for the weekend so I can roll it out to strip the rest of the outside & remove the rest of the windows.

van003.jpg

van002.jpg

Long unit's left in the van as I have nowhere to put it but it's all unbolted ready to go,

van001.jpg

Well done!!!

Quick question - are your rear seatbelts inertia and if so, how have you fitted them (especially through the units)?

Like your bedside lamp also 8)

gninnam said:
Well done!!!

Quick question - are your rear seatbelts inertia and if so, how have you fitted them (especially through the units)?

Like your bedside lamp also 8)

The belt nearest the sliding door is inertia, but the belt on the cupboard side is only a lap belt. The inertia unit is mounted on the side of the bus just behind the back rest under the window (if that makes sense, I,ll try & get a picture)

The winnie the pooh honey pot lamp is just the job for working in a dark garage :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts