My 1972 Dormobile

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave M said:
The belt nearest the sliding door is inertia, but the belt on the cupboard side is only a lap belt. The inertia unit is mounted on the side of the bus just behind the back rest under the window (if that makes sense, I,ll try & get a picture)

The winnie the pooh honey pot lamp is just the job for working in a dark garage :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers Dave - does make sense, but would appreciate a few pics as I have this to do ;)

gninnam said:
Dave M said:
The belt nearest the sliding door is inertia, but the belt on the cupboard side is only a lap belt. The inertia unit is mounted on the side of the bus just behind the back rest under the window (if that makes sense, I,ll try & get a picture)

The winnie the pooh honey pot lamp is just the job for working in a dark garage :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers Dave - does make sense, but would appreciate a few pics as I have this to do ;)

Sorry, been a bit busy trying to get it ready. Hopefully this pic should help.

van2001.jpg

After a busy weekend (thanks to a helping hand from my bro), it's almost stripped & ready to head off to the bodyshop. Once the screen was out it was obvious it needs to go in for some work,

van2003.jpg

Thanks for the picture Dave 8)

Take it you had a mounting hole already there to attach it too - which is trong enough to help restrain a person?
If not, how did you make one up.

Sorry for being a pain (and very thick :( )

The belts were already fitted when I bought the van but I believe it's a standard mounting point. I'll have a look when I take it off & let you know.

Dave

Dave M said:
While I've been stuck indoors over the weekend I had a dig through the paperwork that came with my bus & found the original service book (with loads of stamps) & the original Dormobile manual. This had some interesting camping tips in it :D

Nice Dormy you have there :)

Is there any chance you could scan the Dormobile manual?

I would like a copy and they dont have one on the Samba archives either.

It would be much appreciated if you could do a decent quality scan of it.

Hope you can help :)

Sorry, I haven´t got a scanner. I´ll have a word with a few of mates and see if they can do it for me.

Dave

Dropped the van off at ikustoms on Monday. It was freezing driving in the snow with no windows :D . Luckily the workshop isn't too far from me.

dyn006_original_800_600_pjpeg_26763.jpg

dyn006_original_800_600_pjpeg_26-1.jpg

Been busy sanding down the roof rack ready to drop off at ikustoms for a fresh lick of paint.

Here's the latest pic of the van from the bodyshop,

dyn001_original_800_600_pjpeg__693a.jpg

The rotten area in the rear of the drivers side sill has now been replaced with fresh metal,

Before

After,

:D :D

Almost there now :D . White's looking good, bottom half should be done early part of next week. Then I get it back to start the re-fit while the doors & pop top are getting painted.

att_2.jpg

dyn001_original_640_410_pjpeg__c6da.jpg

dyn001_original_640_480_pjpeg__c58d.jpg

Colours on the bottom half now :D . Going to pick it up first thing in the morning so I can start the re-fit while they finish the paint on the doors & pop top. Then it's back to the bodyshop to fit the doors before the mad dash to get it ready for Big Bang. It's going to be tight but fingers crossed I'll make it.

dyn009_original_640_480_pjpeg__97ce.jpg

dyn009_original_480_640_pjpeg__16b3.jpg

dyn009_original_480_640_pjpeg__0032.jpg

That, my friend, is going to be awsome when it's finished!!!! 8)

Nice colours - what did you go for??

gninnam said:
That, my friend, is going to be awsome when it's finished!!!! 8)

Nice colours - what did you go for??

Cheers, had a busy couple of days trying to get the interior back in.

The bottom's VW Turkis, & the top half is diamond white.

Latest posts